Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Pitted scars from eczema
    Hi, is any one know the cure for eczema scars, I had eczema on my cheeks when I was a baby and since then I had these scars not ice pick because they are defined round and the color inside is dark that the rest of my face, is it true that because of my skin color laser would not work, I went to many doctors but I decided to research myself because not all doctors are good, if any one know about it would you tell please, I have heard this eczema is common in blacks and treatable , clearly I did not get the treatment I need from the doctor my parents took me to he just said the eczema will go by it self, yes it did but left these pitted marks, what should I do l really hate them and they made me play and ruined with my face more.
    Thanks
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 05:17 PM
    The best treatments for ice pick scars is with dermabrasion, laser, punch graft or collagen treatments. You should consider seeing another dermatologist for a treatment that's right for you.
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Hello pretty lady, what u think about green peel and cosmelan which one might work better on me, I do not know if dermabrasion or laser will work on darker skin
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Both laser treatment and dermabrasion works on darker skin. Pitted scars are similar to ice pick scars. If your pitted scars are deep or hollow, using green peels and cosmelan will not get rid of them. The only way remove pitted scars is with treatments such as punch grafting, dermabrasion, laser resurfacing or collagen treatments.
    -

Aug 8, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Thanks pretty lady for answering, I have dark superficial dark scars and I can see veins on my face, so for this which one would work better cosmelan or green peel. I know they are both from discoloration

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treatment for Eczema - African American Skin [ 7 Answers ]

While I'm a very fair skinned AA woman my daughter is about Gabrielle Union's complexion. She inherited eczema from her father's side of the family and as she gets older, the breakouts have been more frequent in her face - leaving behind nasty dark spots. She also has these spots on her arms and...

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

Eczema & Boils [ 6 Answers ]

My son has terrible eczema all over his hands & wrists and it's now coming out on his arms. We've tried everything under the sun every dermatologist has suggested. His skin itches horribly, and every wrinkle on his fingers is cracked. He gets impetigo easily from all the open sores. At 16, this is...

Eczema & Dairy Products [ 6 Answers ]

My son (aged four) suffers from eczema. We use Diprobath and Diprobase cream. My son also suffers from various allergies and has mild asthma. I recently read that people with eczema should avoid dairy products - is this true? :confused: It has taken until now for the doctors to say that they think...

Son has Eczema [ 11 Answers ]

My 2 year old son has eczema. He has had it pretty much since he was born, nothing out of the ordinary, I know what to do for it. But he developed a patch of eczema that's kind of worrying me. Its on his leg right where his butt and his leg meet, and it's a large patch, picture the size of a...

View more questions Search