Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Aug 6, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Negative Effects of Heightism
    Heightism is judging someone negativly based on their height. Similar to judging people on being overweight, coloured, foreign etc.

How best to deal with this in relationship, as women prefer the taller guy !
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:13 AM
    U don't want a woman like this.
    Immaure and shallow, if you are a good guy then that's what counts. Period.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Every individual has a preference in the kind of mate that attracts them. This preferences includes many, many factors which may include educational level, hair colour, sportiness, height, and various other personal idiosyncracies. This is quite normal actually, we all do it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:28 AM
    But appreance is something outside, he doesn't have a choice.
    IF the woman is mature enough she wouldn't care about his appreance that much.
    I do think education background and maturity is very important, ti's something he could work on and develop according to his will and capability.
    He shouldn't suffer from being short.
    Not fair!
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:41 AM
    No one said it was fair, it's just human nature. Different people like different things. He's not suffering form being short, someone else will like that feature along the way. Maturity and education has nothing to do with it, it's all about our personal individual preferences.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:48 AM
    It might be a culture thing, maybe in America, people think appreance is more important.
    It's becomg a fact that tall, athletic,tan is the sign of attrativeness.
    Why do you think all the short asian men still get married?
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:13 AM
    I married a non-athletic average height woman. She's sweet and smart and a great mom.

Short asian men get married because some women like them as a person, as simple as that. Not everyone cares about height.
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 07:31 AM
    That's very nice of you. You must be a smart man too, I noticed that before on your posts.
    But it's really a sad thing-one of my friends back in college was an handicapped short Caucasian who had spent 12 years sitting on the wheel chair.
    He is always opmistic, making sure everyone is happy. He liked this girl since high school, and she went to our school too but she rejected him and told him it's too hard, people would laugh at her dating someone like him.
    I saw him trying to get attention from her but she didn't care about him at all. He is still optimistic no matter what happened to him. It made me feel more sorry about how cruel the world is.
    Really sad, really, really... I get teary writing this now... guess I should stop and going back to work.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Aug 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Can you be attracted to a 400lb woman with no teeth?

Call me shallow all you want, but I can't be with somebody like that. Sometimes it's just a matter of what turns a person on and what doesn't, and unlike something like weight or requisite number of teeth, height isn't really one you can alter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Break up after-effects. [ 1 Answers ]

Right to brief it up as much as I can. I was with my girlfriend for about a year before she ended it all, it was brilliant to begin with but towards the end she became very distant and not very nice to me, I stuck around hoping to resolve whatever was troubling her. She told me she wanted her...

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

Effects after going off the pill [ 1 Answers ]

I was on the pill for 4 years and now want give my body a rest. I've been off it for about 3 weeks. It's going OK. I've been feeling different and I'm not sure if it has to do with being off the pill. I want to know if there is anything I should be doing, or could be doing to help ease my body...

Multimedia Effects [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I Need Some Background Effect For My Video. Please Any One Can Let Me Where I Can Free Download It?

View more questions Search