Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donotrun Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Learning disability
    What is it like for a man who is 40yrs old and has a learning disability? Does this also affect his personality?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 12:54 AM
    I am sure that this would also affect his personality. How he feels about himself, and also his self-esteem, will directly influence his actions concerning himself and with other people. For instance, if he doesn't feel good about himself because of his learning disability, then this might cause him to not try as hard as he could when trying to accomplish certain things, because he might not think that he can accomplish them very well because he has a learning disability.

Hopefully, others will come along to add their opinions also.
    donotrun Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I am sure that this would also affect his personality. How he feels about himself, and also his self-esteem, will directly influence his actions concerning himself and with other people. For instance, if he doesn't feel good about himself because of his learning disability, then this might cause him to not try as hard as he could when trying to accomplish certain things, because he might not think that he can accomplish them very well because he has a learning disability.

Hopefully, others will come along to add their opinions also.
    Thank you for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA disability benefits [ 2 Answers ]

Can my VA disability benefits be garnished to pay unsecured credit card debt ?

Disability and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I need to declare bankruptcy and would like to know whether there are special clauses protecting me as a registered disabled person in Canada, i.e. whether my personal possessions and other items I own such as a car, furniture, piano, art materials (piano and art materials are used to earn a...

Ssi disability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in North Carolina and filed bankruptcy in 2001 and confident I will win my disability case, can IRS or anyone get any of my settlement or monthly check. Any help will be appreciated

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

Learning Disability [ 1 Answers ]

I am post graduate student in China. At peresnt I am studining Chinese's language. I find it very intersing and not difficult to learn spoken. But the Chinese's characters are not so easy and I have some difficulty in mimorizing them. You know I forget or I mix the charecters. Please what do you...

View more questions Search