Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Aug 6, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Friends who turned out to be false friends
    Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Yes,yes,yes, we all come across those kind of people they seem so trustworthy,kind and giving but you put a guy in the picture and the claws are out.you'll figure out who your real friends are when everyone leaves you and this one kind soul stands by your side.I was the one who stood by my girlfriend in high school when people accused her of being gay.She is married with 3 kids now. Hang in there.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Yup. Especially during my teenage years. My two best girl friends dropped me fast because a boy that one of them liked liked me instead of her. Hurt my feelings so bad back then now I just look back and see how silly and stupid it all was.
    albinonerd13 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 05:07 PM
    I know that just about as well as you do. Read my latest post.
    xxbabybooxx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Yeah hun am going through that now, and have in the past also. Just be careful on who you think you can trust you never no how 2faced people are nowadays, but trust me you beter of without them. Focus on the people that really do love and care 4u and it will be awl good datz what am tryn 2do... take care hun xx
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Yep. One time I told my aunt that people would borrow from me and not return anything.
    She said, Don't ever lend out anything unless it is something you don't care whether you get it back or not. I think the same can be applied to friendships. Keep yourself guarded and only give your friendship at the level they are willing to give of themselves.
    Roslynrain101 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 4answers
    Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?
    Yeah, Im 29 years old and had a friend drop me like the drop of a hat this Christmas Eve (yesterday) because I wouldn't contribute to a last minute plan to buy a gift for another mutual friend (for $300)---she didn't get her way and I found out what type of person she really was and it's extremely disappointing and for me personally---very hard to grasp that people can be so cold and petty. I just don't understand people and this particular grown woman had me completely fooled.
    puppy247 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 4answers
    Yeah I've gone though it. You just move on, forget about them. Im sorry but it's the only way to make the hurt go away. Im totally over her now she was just a cold, rude, nasty person that I can't believe I wasted my time with!
    Kennadyrain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 09:26 PM

Yes of course in elementry school that was the worst for me!
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 11:04 AM

Yep,false friends tell you to do stuff you don't want to do,that's partically how you know and they lie to you , etc.
    emstad127 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 10:47 PM

Omg, yes. Okay, so a couple years back, I made this great friend. And thi girl, lets call her Rachel, was friends with this boy who really liked me. His "name" is billy. So, when I finally gave in and went out with this guy, she became a whole new person. She started talking about me behind my back, making up rumors, and eventually turned the whole grade against me. Then I came to find out she actually liked this guy I was going out with. But the thing is, she was the one who pushed me to go out with him. Anyway, after a while, I couldn't take the harassing phone calls and just plain crap, so I broke up with billy, and had my mom call the school. She ended up getting her punishment the next year for doing the same thing to another girl. Her punishment was like, 100 hours of community service for cyber bullying or something. But anyway, she ended up apologizing to me for everything. We aren't friends anymore, but we occasiounaly talk to each other online and stuff. She has really changed a lot and I'm happy for her. So basically, I advize you to just ignore your 'friends". If it gets too bad, you need to talk to someone and let them know so they can help. Who knows, maybe your friends will eventually come around and realize how stupid they were. I hope I helped with my incredibly long answer! :P lol.
    bbydoll09 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 08:40 PM

Too many.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My best friends wants me [ 10 Answers ]

I got a text message from my best guy mate last night... and he told me he loved me and wanted to be with me... now I'm not sure what to do because I've known him for all my life, and I too have feelings for him. But I don't want to ruin our 10 yr friendship... :eek: :eek: WOT DO YOU THINK I SHULD...

My Ex's friends turned her against me. [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating this amazing girl for over 9 months. I'm 26 she's just turned 19. We fell madly in love right away and things have been great through the entire relationship, until... during the last few weeks of our relationship she's been spending a lot of time with her gilrfriends instead. ...

View more questions Search