Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gbpackerfan1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Can not send/rec email on new Outlook 2003 (Home Ed)
    I set everything up just like I did for Outlook 2000 (as least I thought I did) and I can not send or receive email on the Outlook 2003. It is working on Outlook Express but I hate it. There is no error, it just shows that the send/rec is complete... with no email. :mad:
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Aug 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
    If you are trying to use Outlook Express at the same time make sure you close OLE down. The default is to download the mail and remove it from the server so if you retrieved an email in OLE it would not be available for any other mail program, Outlook included.

Also check with your ISP, they usually have step by step instructions on how to setup their mail servers in the various email packages.

Hope this helps,
    -Jeff

GO PACK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook 2003 (XP) won't send [ 2 Answers ]

What the heck?? I have not changed anything in my setttings but suddenly, Outlook won't send email. At the moment the outbox is empty but it still shows "sending message 1 of 1". Also when I try to configure, (under email accounts) and test settings, it shows "find outgoing email server in...

Outlook won't send email [ 3 Answers ]

Outlook 2003 (with Symantecs antivirus) - 3 mail servers were working fine, until last week. Now occasionally an email will not leave the outbox. There is no sending/receiving error message. I changed outgoing sending account trying all 3. None work. I checked outgoing email address - No...

Must hit send/rec to receive email in outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so please bear with me as I learn. My question is: I set a friend up with a linksys router on his desktop, and set up email accts. For he and his wife, in outlook 2003 on his laptop. Laptop connects to internet fine (wirelessly), sends email automatically when...

I couldn't send and receive email from outlook 2003 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem to send and receive email from outlook 2003 behind a linksys router. I configured my outlook 2003 auto send & receive email in every 1 min. When outlook starts send & receive process, It would pop up a window asking me Enter Network Password. When I click OK, it keeps pop up again...

Outlook won't send email [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search