Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfarner Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote
    I was messing with my remote and now everything is not working, no light , no fan.
    Is there a way to reset the remote. I must have thrown out the manual.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 08:27 PM
    OK lets start with does messing include moving the small dip switches inside under that battery cover? If so the receiver in the fan will have the same dip switch arrangement, make sure your remote and the receiver match 100%. Don't play with any remote unless you have a manual. My kid got my Dish satellite so screwed up I have to get service.

Aug 6, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Thank you, no I did not flip any of the switches inside the remote or receiver. I kept pressing buttons on the remote, flipped the switch on the outside of the fan and pulled the 2 cords. Ugh!!

Aug 6, 2007, 08:18 AM
    The switch on the outside of the fan just reverses the blades so that won't hurt you. Try pressing and holding the light button for about 6 seconds then release. After this pull the chains once or twice and then come back here with your results.

Aug 6, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Thank you so much for your help. I called the Lowe's number, they directed me to Lytex.
    800-527-1292. She said try the circuit breaker. Which I did, so that seemed to reset everything.

Aug 6, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Yep, but now you need to think about what tripped the breaker. You messing with the remote should have no affect on a breaker. If it pops again come back here and we will help unravel the issue.

Aug 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Thank you so much from the **mb blond. I will sure do that!!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:10 PM
    In case you need more info:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    myjobiznevadone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Thanks for the tips I now know my codes and have all my fans working thnks again
    DebinCali Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2011, 10:30 PM
    OMG I have been searching and searching finally found the answer to my questions about the lights not working but fan did... duh check the dip switches ha ha ha... anyhow thank you soooooo much ballengerb1
    RowanM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 05:27 PM
    My model does not have the chains. Just a light switch that turns it completely on or off. My remote stopped responding after a battery change.
    marapark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 03:11 PM
    I have 4 fans in my house, all that are controlled by remotes. At the same time, all stopped working. The fans and lights are all on but I am unable to turn the lights off or change the speed of the fan. It is just my husband and I and neither of us did anything to the remotes except use them. We thought maybe the batteries in all 4 had gone out at the same time but that is not the case. I have the Harbor Breeze fans. Any suggestions??
    bobrobert1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 05:09 PM
    I have a Harbor Breeze Wakefield Ceiling Fan. Where is the receiver located so I can see if the grandchildren changed the remote. At this time the remote has all four switches in the up position. I don't know where to locate the receiver. Do I have to take it all apart?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Light & Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I saw someone say they by-passed the remote. How would I do this. I know nothing about this thing except it is not working. How do you change "dip" settings? Obviously, I need help, but right now I just want to have some air. Thanks:p

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Remote & Transmitter [ 18 Answers ]

Hi- I installed my fans no issues, and then decided that I wanted a remote (especially for the light) so I got a supplemental remote by Harbor Breeze. I installed it fine and it seemed to work; however, there was quickly an issue: When the fan was set to high I could not dim the light (up...

Setting Remote Control for Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My son recently bought a home with identical Harbor Breeze ceiling fans in many rooms. Unfortunately, there were no instruction manuals included. He wants his wife to be able to enter the baby's room, flip the switch, and have only the light come on. The only room in the house in which they can't...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - Disconnect Remote? [ 1 Answers ]

My home is wired for a 3-way switch for the ceiling fan light, and a 2-way switch for the fan motor. I purchased a Harbor Breeze model Exetor fan with remote. I'd prefer not to use the remote. Can it be installed to operate from the wall switches only without the remote? Thank you

View more questions Search