Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    INQUISITIVE033 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Low credit scores
    Is it possible to get approved for a home loan with credit scores of 599 and 557? My husband has the higher score and makes the most money.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 12:12 PM
    You will need to work with a mortgage broker, and expect to pay a higher interest rate and need a larger down payment
    INQUISITIVE033 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Thank you for such a quick response.
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Aug 11, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Ask about anFHA mortgage first. Need 3% down and seller can pay closing costs. They are not as credit sensitive but will look at your whole picture as well as credit. It MAY be a possibility.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Hello I:

If you can't qualify, there are lots of unorthodox methods of financing a home purchase - especially when the market is down like it is today.

excon
    DianeV Sr Loan Officer Posts: 76, Reputation: 9

Aug 11, 2007, 03:27 PM
    The funky financing market is going down the drain. Listen to the news. The subprime guys are drying up and it is becoming more difficult to get the "creative" loan. And frankly, you don't want one. If you cannot get the FHA, work on getting your scores higher. Subprime will get you a higher rate and possibly a prepayment penalty. That means if you sell the house within a certain amount of time you pay the lender a penalty. Sometimes 3-4% of the mortgage amount. That amounts to thousands of dollars. Sometimes the right thing to do is wait things out and just work on the credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Z scores-statistics [ 1 Answers ]

68% fall between what two z scores (on a normal curve)? How do I go about finding this? HELP ASAP

Will we qualify for our first home with low credit score? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently my husband became an independent contractor for his previous employer and is making double what he used to make. We have been saving up money for our first home and decided that now maybe now is the time. We are nervous because 5 years ago we were put through two lay-offs back to back...

Movil home laon with low credit [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one tell me of a company that do loans for Mobile homes whit bad credit like 619 as hi and 519 low pleas I am on a rent to own and I have less then a week left on the contract and have $5,000 or 6,000 for down payment and the loan is for $28,000 on a 2004. 3 bed 2 bath very nice all remodel...

Z scores [ 3 Answers ]

Out of 30 participants if a participant is chosen at random, e.g. number 23 and they have a z score of +1.64 does this indicate only 5% of individuals scored as high or higher than this participant? I think by using a normal distribution curve it proves that this participants z score is in the top...

No credit. Need suggestions for selecting a credit card with low APR [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I don't possess a credit card till now. I am planning to buy a car by applying loan. My friends advised me that if I pay my loan premium using a credit card, it would help building my credit history. They also told me to look for 0% APR (any such offer for the first year) or less APR to...

View more questions Search