Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    printchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Canon MP600 printer
    How do I switch my default printing from color printing to black and white printing on a Cannon MP600 printer? I have misplaced my user guide and have not been able to do this through the print quality menu.
    lamasters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 09:18 AM

booklet printing prints pages 1-4 on on both sides only one half a 11x8.5 page
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

May 17, 2009, 08:12 PM

Issue: How do I print using only the black ink and not the other colors?
    Solution: Print using black ink only (Windows)

Print using pigment black ink only (Windows)
    Instructions to print using only the pigment black ink tank only. Occasionally you may need to print using black ink only. Using grayscale alone does not provide this option and the color inks will still be used. By following this procedure you may print using only the pigment black ink tank.

Note: Some color ink will still be used for print head maintenance.

Note: Image quality may be sacrificed when printing photographs.

1. Open the Properties / Preferences window for the printer.

For Windows Vista
    * Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel', 'Hardware and Sound', and then click on 'Printers'. Note: If you are in 'Classic' view, Click 'Printers' directly from the 'Control Panel'.
    * Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences... ' from the menu that appears.

For Windows XP Home Edition
    * Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Control Panel,' 'Printers and Other Hardware,' and 'Printers and Faxes.'
    * Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences... ' from the menu that appears.

For Windows XP Professional Edition
    * Click 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Printers and Faxes.'

For Windows 2000/ Me/98 (if applicable)
    * Click / Select 'Start' from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and 'Settings,' then 'Printers.'
    * Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Properties' from the menu that appears.

2. Click on the Main tab.

3. Select 'Plain Paper' as the Media Type. If any other paper type is selected, color ink will be used to create black.

Note: The pigment black ink will only be used when printing on plain paper.

4. Select the box for 'Grayscale Printing'. If the document to be printed is in black only, then this step may be skipped.

Note: If either 'Borderless Printing' or 'Duplex Printing' are enabled from the Page Setup tab, grayscale will be created using a combination of the color (dye) inks to prevent smearing.

5. Click 'OK' to save the changes.

The printer will now only use the pigment black ink tank.

bbo55y Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 11:44 PM
    Hi
    When I turn my MP600 on in keeps saying 'The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head' Problem is I've never changed it from the day I bought it? What do I need to do to fix it.
    Thanks
    B
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Aug 6, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Try cleaning the heads with a Q-tip and alcohol or distilled water. If that doesn't help, the odds that it needs to be replaced.
    russian1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 10:24 AM
    The screen on my printer in blank with lines going up and down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon S450 printer blinking lights [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Canon S450 that isn't working. It gives a series of blinking lights--one long green and six shorter yellow/orange lights. Does anyone know what this means?

Canon i850 printer help [ 1 Answers ]

I really hope someone will reply soon. My report is due tomorrow, and for some reason, my printer is printing everything five times too small, all at the upper-left hand corner! Does anyone know how to stop this and get it to print normally? I know it has something to do with the fact my dad had...

Canon S450 printer help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Canon S450 printer and recently needed to change color ink jet. Since doing this I keep getting messages such as: Error writing to LP1 and also my printer lights are flashing. 1 green, 6 yellow, 1 green. Can anyone give me help in getting this printer going again?

Canon C755 Multipass printer [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not sure anybody can help me but here goes. My problem is with my Canon C755 Multipass printer. Whenever I try to print (either a Test print or from WordPad) I receive the following message: "To print this document a BC033 Color Cartridge is required. The device has a BC-30 cartridge/ink tank....

View more questions Search