Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwc922 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Eviction timeline II
    DUE TO FORECLOSEURE
    Is there any way to get a judge to allow me time to pick up and move? I figured I had at least a month to move and was trying up to the last minute to get the money to stop the foreclosure so I haven't even started packing.

EDIT: I have been told I have 5 days by the buyer, or he's bringing the Sheriff and a locksmith and will seize my stuff on Wednesday.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Hello rwc:

Eviction and foreclosure are two different things. If you've been evicted, the sheriff is on the way to put you and your things on the street. If it's only foreclosure, the bank will evict you after they take over. That'll give you a few more weeks.

excon
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
    It sounds, if I am reading this correctly, as if the house's owner has had his mortgage foreclosed on. He hasn't left the house, and the person who bought it at the foreclosure sale is trying to move in. Now, for some reason the original owner was under some impression that he would have a 30-day grace period, and the new owner has made noise about 5 days to be out.

Legally, is the original owner now a trespasser, in which case an eviction hearing wouldn't be necessary? If I'm reading the situation correctly, he wasn't a renter so no lease was involved.
    rwc922 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Yes that is it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction timeline [ 2 Answers ]

My home was sold at auction yesterday. Today I came home from work to find a note from the new owner that I must be out by Monday. I thought I would have 30 days to get my things and myself out. In in VA if that makes any difference.

Security deposit return timeline [ 24 Answers ]

In Nebraska, the landlord is required to give back the security deposit (or an itemized list) within 14 days. Does that mean 14 days after the lease ends? Or do you have to send a letter, and then after they receive the letter its 14 days? My wife lived in an apartment and the lease ended May 20th,...

Canadian Immigration Timeline [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I am an American citizen living LEGALLY in Canada. I can legally stay here with my kids and common law wife as long as I go to the border every 6 months and get stamped. My question is this, I am finally getting ready to start my immigration procedures and I was looking for a general time line...

Timeline for distribution of estate in Ga [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died Jan 06. My estranged sister was appointed executor. The will was probated in April 06, however, I have not received a deed for the acreage left to me. Recently I found out that she was attempting to have the land rezoned. I was able to have that matter tabled because she doesn't...

Refinishing floors-timeline [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought an apartment that is a converted office building which was re-done about 4 years ago. The floors are hardwood and I think they look pretty good but my boyfriend really wants to sand/refinish them. We are also renovating our small kitchen which also has wood floors. My question is:...

View more questions Search