Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmjdny Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 12:43 AM
    4D vision
    I want to devolope 4D vision
    As our world is 3d in space we develop 3D vision by experience with the help of computers 4D virtual world can be created and 4D vision can be developed.
    I have seen some papers and some hyperspace rendering programes but I am not used to them can any body help me in some way or other in this matter

Every answer is wellcomed
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 02:13 AM
    This is one of my favorite illustrations

It's an 8-cell (4D version of a cube) rotating in it's 4th dimension.

Needless to say, I don't understand it :)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Pretty cool - although it is certainly hard (impossible?) for us 3-D humans to see how this illustration represents an object whose edges are all fixed at the same length and whose corners are all fixed right angles.

How would one draw a 4-D sphere?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Well, we are really 2D, we have 2 2D inputs from which we infer the 3D world around us. We can assure ourselves of the 3D world through movement and touch. But really we are living off 2D perception.

This is a stereographic projection of a 3-sphere (4D sphere). Keep in mind that it's projected onto 3D space which is then projected onto 2D space.

The red lines are parallels, the blue are meridians and the green are hypermeridians, they intersect at right angles at the yellow points.

Good luck visualising it. I certainly can't. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poor vision? [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to ask if it can make a poor vision if a passenger is reading while the car is running? Reply.thank you

A vision in the night [ 11 Answers ]

Wakened by something that flipped my dangly ear ring. There was a white, misty cloud floating about four feet off the ground and about three feet from me. I just stared at it wondering what it was. After about one minute it moved off to the right and disappeared. Do you think this was a spirit?

Has anyone had vision therapy? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone! I was recently diagnosed with Strabismus. I can't remember the last time that I did not see double. The doctor that I have been seeing said that my case was more severe than what he has ever seen in the past. A little over 2 weeks ago I started to do the home...

Vision and Light [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wearing reading glasses for about three years - never had any vision problems, except for standard color blindness. Some days, it seemed, my eyes were better than other days. But recently, while sitting in the open sun waiting for a car repair, I was able to read everything in my...

View more questions Search