Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsBlkgal Posts: 83, Reputation: 9

Aug 4, 2007, 09:30 PM
    VA Education benefits and back taxes
    I am a disabled veteran and my husband is considered my "dependent" when it comes to medical care and education (I think). He owes the IRS about $9000.00. Would he be allowed to receive veteran's dependents financial aid for a correspondence degree for Phoenix college here in Missouri?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Hello again, gal:

I don't know it the two are connected. My guess is they aren't. In any case, the only way you'll find out is if he applies. You have nothing to lose by doing so.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 12:23 PM
    University of Phoenix is approved to receive VA benefits, I would believe he should be able to receive this to go to school.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
    I am a disabled vet myself. There are programs for vetrans assistance for collage along with MGI bill.here is a link that might help you:

Florida Department of Veterans Affairs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disability Benefits and Education [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mentally-disabled forty-three year old man. I suffer from severe depression. My physician has recommended that I enroll in a few college courses to get me more involved mentally and socially. Would my attempt at college in any way affect my disability benefits? ( I very much doubt that I...

Therapy as education deduction/taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it permissible to take an education deduction for therepy sessions where you discuss work related issues? The therepist is not doctor. Is it better to take the deduction as a medical deduction? Howard

Back Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how much I owe the IRS in back taxes from 2004. Can you help me?

How Much % Of Taxes We Get Back. [ 3 Answers ]

I have two W-2 forms from my Employer one for my OPT period and One for my H-1B. I Want to know how much percentage of taxes I will get back.

Back Taxes Disaster [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I will try to make a LONG story short. I have always been self employed, a resident of the City & State of New York. In 1991 I was married and looked forward to building a comfortable middle class life with my new bride. Wishing to avoid any problems financially I for the first time...

View more questions Search