Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Aug 4, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Anyone here a "Lord of the Rings" enthusiast?
    Which movie was your favorite......Fellowship, Towers, Return of King??

I never thought I would like it when I was DRAGGED to the show to see the first one....and it wasn't there even, that I decided I liked it! Actually I fell asleep thru much of it, and thought it was crazy that so many people would go see a movie but not get to see the actual ending for 3 YEARS!!!

Then, after buying the trilogy and actually having a "LoR" movie party that lasted most of the day and thru the night.....well thats when I became officially hooked!! I love the story.....the spirit of fighting good vs evil, the courage and friendships that strengthen the fellowship. The will to free men but not for power or acknowledgement/greed....but love of freedom! I just love it.

I need to get the books and actually read the story...because as much as I love the movie- then I bet the books are AWESOME!!
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Aug 4, 2007, 10:30 PM
    In my opinion Return of the King was the best. There was more action in this one than there was in the others.
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Aug 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Return of the king is my favorite.

I find extended versions to be quite interesting.
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Aug 6, 2007, 12:28 AM
    I think the Two Towers is great... I like the extended version though! I love the Battle at Helms Deep and the Ents/Trees coming alive and stopping Sarlamon(sp?)

Of course- Return of the King is the end of this lengthy battle... and good too, but for the Towers being a "middle" part... it does a great job in holding your interest through! :)
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 6, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Everyone must definitely watch the extended versions! And the books are fantastic, really brilliant, and you must read the Hobbit >>>> really great leading adventure story.
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
    The books are definitely good. I can't pick a favorite movie because they are all so awesome. But my favorite character is definitely Legolas.
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Sep 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
    I'm a huge fan. I read the books 25 years ago, and even enjoyed the 1982 cartoon version. I enjoyed the first of the new trilogy most on the first viewing, as it was my first visit to a new (at the time) cinema and I was blown away by the scale, and the vibration from the sound effects during the Moria sequence. Now I find it hard to choose between them. If pushed I'd probably say the second, which is odd as it was my least favourite of the books.

The forthcoming Hobbit movie looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it.
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogdude View Post

The forthcoming Hobbit movie looks amazing, and i can't wait to see it.
    Me too! I just can't wait! We're reading it in school then going to the movie.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Honestly, I can't pick a favorite. You can't have one without the rest. It is all ONE awesome movie.

The hobbit is making me leery. I am worried that it won't be done properly :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search