Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rwc922 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Eviction timeline
    My home was sold at auction yesterday. Today I came home from work to find a note from the new owner that I must be out by Monday. I thought I would have 30 days to get my things and myself out. In in VA if that makes any difference.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Depends on how it was sold, if this was a foreclosure or a bankruptcy sell, then you have no right to stay after the sell. Any wrritten or verbal contract is void at the time of the sell. You should have had prior notice of the up coming sell, so thus you had time to move.

If this was just the owner selling his home, then your rental agreement is binding and they have to give a notice.
    rwc922 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Depends on how it was sold, if this was a foreclosure or a bankruptcy sell, then you have no right to stay after the sell. Any wrritten or verbal contract is void at the time of the sell. You should have had prior notice of the up comming sell, so thus you had time to move.

If this was just the owner selling his home, then your rental agreement is binding and they have to give a notice.
    I owned the property, it was sold in foreclosure Friday. I figured I'd have 30 days to move. I was in negotiations until 2 days before the sale to reclaim the house but was unable to come up with the cash to stop it. Is there any thing that can get me some more time?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security deposit return timeline [ 24 Answers ]

In Nebraska, the landlord is required to give back the security deposit (or an itemized list) within 14 days. Does that mean 14 days after the lease ends? Or do you have to send a letter, and then after they receive the letter its 14 days? My wife lived in an apartment and the lease ended May 20th,...

Canadian Immigration Timeline [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I am an American citizen living LEGALLY in Canada. I can legally stay here with my kids and common law wife as long as I go to the border every 6 months and get stamped. My question is this, I am finally getting ready to start my immigration procedures and I was looking for a general time line...

Timeline for distribution of estate in Ga [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died Jan 06. My estranged sister was appointed executor. The will was probated in April 06, however, I have not received a deed for the acreage left to me. Recently I found out that she was attempting to have the land rezoned. I was able to have that matter tabled because she doesn't...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Refinishing floors-timeline [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought an apartment that is a converted office building which was re-done about 4 years ago. The floors are hardwood and I think they look pretty good but my boyfriend really wants to sand/refinish them. We are also renovating our small kitchen which also has wood floors. My question is:...

View more questions Search