Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DomYbOsS Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2005, 06:41 PM
    How to approach Girls
    I need tips on how to approach girl you don`t know and start a conversation with her, getting along and make her easy going... I am shy guy and hardly can take the first step... I really hate to get embarresed or something so I wouldn`t risk my chances there unless am sure of hunt.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 08:18 AM
    Go to www.askmen.com and read every, and I mean every, article on dating.

Go to www.doubleyourdating.com AND BUY DAVID DEANGELOS BOOK! NOW!

Go to www.sosuave.com and read EVERY article. Every piece of information.

Learn to NEVER put woman a head of you. Workout = gained confidence. Learn about attraction.
    turtlegirl Posts: 151, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2005, 11:39 AM
    I met an awesome shy guy this weekend and he had no game and I LIKED that. He was just talkimg to his friends and he is really funny and smart, so I (who often consider myself shy) kept going over to talk to him. Hopefully I'll see him again, but we were both too shy/inexperienced/not smooth to plan anything or ask for numbers. But I LOVED that he was just himself and he wasn't trying to pick anyone up. I am SOOOOOO sick of that game.

Be real.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 11:49 AM
    I agree with Turtle - it should be that easy with the right woman. But make sure to ask for a phone number.

Then call her a couple days later and ask her to coffee - keep it light.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 11:49 AM
    Turtle - he didn't ask for your number?

Aug 9, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Well, er, our mutual friend told me he was shy and if I wanted anything to happen I would have to say something. So I said I know you're leaving on Tuesday (he's going out of the country for a few weeks), but I really like you if you want to get together Sunday or Monday... that was good. He kissed me. But then his friends were leaving and there were people all around and it just didn't happen. But he's really not smooth so I wasn't taking it personally.

My plan is that when I see our mutual friend I'm going to ask for his number and call him next month when he gets back to the US. Just once. See what happens.

I'm really really excited about him. But he is 25 -- he had no idea I was as old as I am, but it didn't particularly phase him. He doesn't seem like all the other 25 year olds, not smooth and transparent.

Is the plan okay? What do you think?
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 12:16 PM
    The plan is great. Not too aggressive, which is good.

I just wonder if all his inexperience frustrates you later - and, I have a strong feeling he may have some wuss-boy behavior later . Obviously I have not met him though. Hey, he went for a kiss though - that's great. Sparks?

I'd like to see him step up to the plate though and be aggressive.

Look at you, you and the youngsters.

Aug 9, 2005, 12:32 PM
    SPARKS!! Not shallow lust sparks, but wow you are a supersmart funny well-traveled interesting person SPARKS!! I'm pining. It's good he went away because now I can't come on too strong. Happy thoughts... :)
    YAY! A good guy I think.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 01:31 PM
    Great for you! He is in for a heluva a good time if he plays his cards right.

Aug 9, 2005, 03:29 PM
    HEY HEY HEY
    Let`s talk about my problem here not turtle`s
    Lol

Aug 9, 2005, 05:10 PM
    Be yourself. Compliment her sweater or ask how her weekend is going. Does she follow baseball. Find a way in but be yourself; you don't need a line. Guys who try to be all smooth I always want to take down a peg or two.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2005, 09:00 PM
    Remember - she puts here pant on one leg at a time also. Most woman are more nerveous than you are.

'Hi' is a good start. But making a gal laugh takes YOU A LONG WAY WITH HER!! MAKE HER LAUGH!!
    snuffy Posts: 145, Reputation: 5

Aug 10, 2005, 06:59 AM
    Wildcat,

On the subject of making women laugh. Where do you draw the line with your humour? What subjects are OK to make her laugh about. Busting her chops a bit is OK but obviously don't make comments about appearance/body image because that is destructive right? Not that I do that anyway.

I take it it doesn't matter what you say as long as they are laughing and smiling job done!?

Do you agree?

Aug 10, 2005, 07:11 AM
    Am not a joker to make her laugh, I am funny but I won't do it on purpose to get her laughing, plus some girls laughs when they got slapped on their butt, so its not only to make a laugh but to get the conversation going
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2005, 08:46 AM
    Snuffy - never make fun other body! Clothes(especially blouse), SHOES! PURSUE! jewelry - she'll be like "he did not say say that!" - the way she talks, something she said, I funny word, the way she carrys herself, HER DRINK! her school etc.

Busting her chops IS SO IMPORTANT - it's says I comfortable with who I am, you don't scare me, we can have fun together, I know you're not perfect either, I WOULD NEVER PUT YOU UP ON A PEDESTAL, I am the prize etc.

DomYbOsS - the key is NOT to be boring. Also known as talking about yourslef.

On the first couple dates she will talk 70% of the time if you let her. LISTENING is a key skill to learn - I mean REALLY listening - and adding to HER conversation.

I highly recommend reading David Deangelo at www.doubleyourdating.com - sure he is trying to make a buck, but he is SINCERE about wha the does - he wants to help guys. He teaches the cocky funny material!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2005, 08:52 AM
    "I take it it doesnt matter what u say as long as they are laughing and smiling
    job done!!????

Do you agree?"

I do agree - leave her FEELING good!!

Aug 10, 2005, 02:00 PM
    OK here is question
    What if I tried to approach girl but she wasn`t interested?

Wouldn`t I embarres myself this way?

Actually that would kill me if it happened!

Re-phrase the question, how to know and pick which girl to try with?
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2005, 02:48 PM
    RULE #1!! : IT DOESN'T MATTER THE OUTCOME!! You don't care!! Laugh about if it embarasses you.

Just be frinedly and funny!! Nothing boring - don't talk about yourself, they don't really care initially.

Pick a woman who is attractive to you. But, I do not recommend an 8,9 or 10 start lower.

HELL - when you at the grocery store, department store, restaurant - flirt a little with the ladies... it's great practice.

It's NOT how you look, your money, car, clothes - IT'S HOW YOU MAKE THEM FEEL!!

Sure woman SAY they want certain things - BUT it doesn't matter!! They prefer tall, handsome, big swinging , clothes, money ----but it's has nothing to do with attraction.

Aug 12, 2005, 05:28 AM
    Wildcat makes a great suggestion here. If you consider yourself shy, just start talking to EVERYONE. On the elevator, in line at the post office, whatever. You can work on conversation skills, so that when you see your lady you can have one! Seriously. I was painfully shy until about a year and a half ago until I met some rather gregarious friends and followed their lead. People are really not that scary! Just talk to them. And if your potential ladyfriend doesn't want to talk to you, big deal. You don' t even know her. If it's a conversation rather than an obvious pick up, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. You can do this!

Aug 12, 2005, 05:35 AM
    And that's true: It's NOT about your money or your car, and personally smooth is a turnoff for me. It's your presence and how you make me feel. Charisma. Chemistry. Be a great version of yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do girls like? [ 13 Answers ]

So what are some great dates you can take a girl on, besides a dinner and a movie.

Girls... [ 8 Answers ]

This is for you chicks out there! Why is that you are so taking yet not giving? My girlfriend of just over a year, and I are in abit of a long distance relationship at the moment, and just lately I haven't bin hearing from her as regularly as I normally do. Im her boyfriend and I like to know...

To the Girls [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry to be asking about something like this but I'm quite concerned. In a way I wish a guy had to tell me what he thinks but I'm addressing it to the girls. Do you use carefree, all days etc (small thin pads) everyday because of your discharge? Once again sorry for such a question! Thanks to...

Girls? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello expert... I need a girl but I don't know how to start or find one?

The right words and approach [ 38 Answers ]

I am female and I have a guy who is my best friend for 3 years, whom I have fallen for. We hang out together all the time. We are in our 40's. We have never shared intimacy but lots of flirting & lots of chemistry. We do things together all the time. I would like to ask him about changing the...

View more questions Search