Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RSmith4744 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 10:02 AM
    John Deere L110
    I have a 2003 John Deere L110. At the beginning of this mowing season, when I cranked it, the engine tried to crank with it in the run position and stopped cranking in the crank position! Then it just stopped cranking altogether. I replaced the ignition switch and that did not help. I replaced the solenoid (though the dealer did not give me one that exactly matched the old one; the mounting holes did not match up) and replaced the battery and it worked except now something seems to be pulling the battery down. I exchanged the new battery thinking the battery was bad but this one is not holding a charge either. I would appreciate any ideas.
    ukbertie Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
    In my experience that normally points to an earth wire coming loose and draining the battery , hope this helps
    RSmith4744 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 08:55 AM
    What exactly do you mean by earth wire?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I would suspect that he is referring to a ground wire. Did you inspect the ignition switches to be certain all the wires were in the correct position? There will be letters on each male blade connector of the switch labeled, these must be exact to work properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 Starts/ Will not move [ 4 Answers ]

My four year old John Deere had a flat tire. Jacked it up under the tranny housing fixed tire and put all back, now tractor starts fine, runs fine, but will not move forward of back. Has an automatic transmission, was running fine before tire change now doesn't move. It is not the brake and it is...

John Deere L110 Starting Problem [ 16 Answers ]

The mower will start, but it takes a while. When I turn the key it will just make a clicking sound or the starter will try to engage but doesn't seem to have enough power to turn the flywheel. I replaced the starter thinking that is the problem. The battery was replaced less than a year ago. The...

John Deere L110 Carburetor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that's about 3 years old and it does not want to run it has little or no power and back fires a lot when it finally does start. I have tried the kohler carburetor rebuild kit with no luck

John Deere L110 [ 3 Answers ]

John deere model L110 Mower was working fine. I got off it to add more gas, when I got back on it would not start. I turn the key and nothing, no clicking, nothing. I disconnected the pressure switch from the seat and still nothing. Mower blades are not engaged. What am I missing, it still...

John Deere L110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deere L110 that I purchased used about 2 months ago. I have a snow blade attachment with it and was using it. I do not have the chains and weights for this yet. My problem is I was pushing the snow and my wheels kept spinning. So I got off the mower and pulled the mower...

View more questions Search