Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tallchick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2005, 07:16 PM
    Ugly legs
    Hey I'm 24 and I have 2 kids... and I have a real big problem... I have some really ugly veins on the back of my legs.. mainly right behind the knee where our legs bend... I've always had dark veins.. even as a kid I remember looking down at my legs and seeing my viens.. with my first daughter I really didn't see any change in them... but with my second daughter it seems like they have got worse... I hate wearing shorts... I got a tan recently and it helped a little.. but I would like to know if there is anything out there (besides plastic surgery) that can help me...
    unis Posts: 89, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2005, 07:55 PM
    I think that's varicose veins and if that is that enlarged maybe surgery is the bezt for it... maybe try seeing adoctor for they know best and see if SCLEROTHERAPY may work... it's a safe and effective treatment for varicosities using the safest solution from Europe called Aethoxysclerol which is injected into the vein, causing it to collapse and disappear... I think the treatment takes 20 minutes and can be done every two weeks... until desired results are achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallchick
    Hey I'm 24 and I have 2 kids...and I have a real big problem...I have some really ugly veins on the back of my legs..mainly right behind the knee where our legs bend...I've always had dark veins..even as a kid i remember looking down at my legs and seeing my viens..with my first daughter i really didn't see any change in them...but with my second daughter it seems like they have got worse...I hate wearing shorts...I got a tan recently and it helped a little..but i would like to know if there is anything out there (besides plastic surgery) that can help me...
    luvlife Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Hi, Im like you, but older, Im 53 and started with varicose veins in my early 30's, they are absolutely awful, all lumpy and horrid to look at, so I cover them and wear pants and long skirts all the time. Im a coward, so I've never had surgery to get rid of them, and they aren't painful, but oh how Id love to be able to wear a shorter skirt or shorts in the summer, I won't even wear shorts if Im sunbathing in the garden in case an unexpected visitor arrived. Sorry Im not giving you an answer here, I just wanted to let you know that I sympathise with you, especially when you're only 24!
    nonspinner Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallchick
    Hey I'm 24 and I have 2 kids...and I have a real big problem...I have some really ugly veins on the back of my legs..mainly right behind the knee where our legs bend...I've always had dark veins..even as a kid i remember looking down at my legs and seeing my viens..with my first daughter i really didn't see any change in them...but with my second daughter it seems like they have got worse...I hate wearing shorts...I got a tan recently and it helped a little..but i would like to know if there is anything out there (besides plastic surgery) that can help me...
    I have the same problem. I have veins that are located close to the skin's surface. After my first pregnancy they weren't bad, but following my second preganancy they worsened really bad, but only in my right leg. I think it is hereditary, my mother has the same problem, and only in one leg. I hate to wear shorts in the summer. I went to see a vascular doctor and found they have procedures that are minimally invasive now. They only take care of varicose veins though, not spider veins, which are the ones usually located behind the knees. Plastic surgeons can take care of those, but health insurance usually will not cover that.
    matthews09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 03:30 AM

I have them as well
    I went to a natorpath and he suggested magnesium tablets (these open up the veins and lets the blood flow easier) this helped and after a few weeks they all dissappeared
    Although after not taking them anymore they have come back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ugly bumps on upper arms [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Most of my friends have them too. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them?? HELP!!

Big muscly legs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a big muscly leg ,I tried different exercises but it is make my legs bigger How can I relax my legs muscles and make it smaller??

What has 10 legs and 4 fangs? [ 10 Answers ]

I have found two spiders (for lack of a better name), in my house that have what appears to be 10 legs and a 4 fanged mouth. I've never seen anything like this before. The site is El Paso TX. There are no webs. The insect did not move fast, or present with any distinguishing abilities. Just...

I've got no hair on the legs [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old man. I've got this problem that bothers all the time. My legs have no hair. Well, if I see carefully, I will see many little tiny thin hair. However, they are not obvious in the daylight. So, my legs look smooth and clean as a woman's legs, which embarasses me all the time,...

Huge Legs [ 2 Answers ]

HI EVERY ONE My problem is that I have a verrrrry big leg they are huge they were not like this before ? I am walking dayly for 1 hour What your a device to me?

View more questions Search