Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JAMES FAW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Is there another way
    I'm a failure I hate myself and everything around me.im paranoid about everything.I can't get a girl friend or a drivers license or anything cause I'm a screw up.I think death is the only way out.ive let everyone down.I ask god for help but I thinks he's given up on me too.my dad lets me know I'm a failure.my step mom hates me and has always abused me.how can I fix this.how can I help myself
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
    You are not a failure or a screw up! Your dad and step mom should be supportive of you not treating you like this. Have you tried to get counseling or anything like that. Or have you tried joining community events in your area? How abusive is your step mom? If she is hitting you or something you need to report it. Don't be so hard on yourself. Take a look in the mirror and tell yourself you are somebody and you are worth something.
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 3, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I think given the circumstances at home this is not something you can do all by yourself. Start by talking to a counselor at school or find a therapist in your area - you need to put some strong people in your corner to get you through this.
    I'm a little confused about what you mean by "abuse" by your stepmother. Is this verbal abuse or is it physical - would you clarify please?
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Aug 6, 2007, 10:18 AM
    James,

There is another way! You sure can help yourself. You can show your dad you're not a failure, you can show your mom you don't deserve being hated, and you can show to yourself you can make it through this.

You need a helping hand and I think a counselor is the best choice for you. He/She will know how to guide you. They are there to help and I'm sure they can help if you could only give it a try. With a little effort, this would be the first step that you could do to help yourself, pick yourself up and dust yourself down.

Death is not the only way out, but the easy way out. Take this 'easy way' out.
    Hopefully, life is full of challenges and this is what makes it interesting. Taking them one at a time and overcoming these challenges will make your life meaningful.

So, get out there. Help yourself: start by find a counselor and let them help and guide you. You'll be glad you did. Trust me! Some say “counselors are there for crazy people”. Absolutely not true: they have the tools to help people and they're there for anybody who's strong enough to accept help when they need it. Someone like you.

I wish you luck and all the best.
    Take care :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search