Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrzas99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 04:11 PM
    NJ Judgement & Wage Garnishment
    Hello, I recently lost a court case and the judgement is for $15K. What is the max amount they can garnish my wages for? What if I try to make payments with the debtor and they do not accept them. What is a reasonable payment amount for $15k? THANK YOU! :eek:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2007, 04:50 PM
    The limit on garnishment is usually 25%. I doubt if the creditor would take anything less than that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wage garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a creditor optaind a judgement against me and my husband, and now they are garnishing his wages. Should we have been notified they were going to garnish his before. Now I can't afford to pay our regular bills, normal living expences. Is there anything I can do now?:confused: :confused:

I work in Pennsylvania and live in New Jersey, I make 150 before taxes. Can the creditor garnish my wages?

Wage garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida now and I am head of household.. ny state is garnishiring 15% of my wages... I was in an agreement with them to pay 100 dollars monthly so theyn stopped... back in October my son was a passenger in a bad car accident and was is the hospital for 3 weeks and needed some home care......

I need to know what to do about a wage garnishment that I am not even sure what it is for, the law office gave me no information, please help. My e-mail is [email protected]

View more questions Search