Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Mammograms - Your Story?
    Hello all. I am in a sharing mood. See, I had to go in for a mammogram and ultrasound today. It was so much fun. Now, this wasn't my first. It's my third. I am only 33.
    I had a byopsy done back in '04. Turns out I went to the wrong doctor - she took out a golfball size mass that - as it turned out - was healthy, dense tissue. But, this left a lot of scar tissue. Which makes the mammogram process much more pleasant... :(

I had to go in that room 4 different times to have more pictures taken because they could not tell if what they were looking at was scar tissue, heavy tissue of a mass. I have never been smushed so hard. I think I need an ice pack.

Now, I am not trying to scare anyone away from getting this done. It is necessary and you should not be afraid of having this done. And it is better to be safe than sorry. I would go through it all again if it meant catching something early and saving my life.

Like I said, I felt like sharing. Do you have a story? It seems this is something a lot of women don't talk about. Kind of like child birth... So, if you have a story - share.
    :)
    :p
    :D

EDIT::::By the way, I am fine. Turns out that if they had looked at my 2nd mammo films - then the whole thing could have been avoided. It was scar tissue. Trust me, I am thankful. Just in a little pain..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 3, 2007, 03:43 PM
    A mammogram saved my life. That was 10 years ago in June. My mastectomy was 10 years ago July 17.

I am alive partly because of a mammogram.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
    I am glad you put that up there. And I am glad you are still here!
    My aunt wasn't so lucky. I miss her. That's why I would NEVER not go, if I need one.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 3, 2007, 03:47 PM
    The day of my mastectomy my sister asked her doctor for one. He refused saying she was too young, 28, she fired him and found a doctor who would. She is now 38 and gets one every year.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
    My mom has to go every three months. She has fibroid cysts. Like I said, I know I need to go when my doc. Says it is time. Today was just a weird, scarry day. You kind of know what is normal. They do 2 pictures of each breast and then say see you later. Today though, I was scared! Doing the pictures, then waiting, then being called back, then waiting, then called back - asked if I was doing something wrong - like moving or SOMETHING - no, waited, called back again. I knew something wasn't right - or I thought anyway. It turned out okay. And I am THANKFUL.
    It was just one of those things that we have to go through to make sure we are healthy and stay that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another ex story. [ 5 Answers ]

We've dated before... earlier on this year and before that we knew eachother for a year. He told me eveything about his life (even things his own family didn't know even things his best friends for ever didn't know). We grew closer with time and the night he asked me out was the one night I swear I...

This is my story [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I think I should start by telling you I’m 18. Sorry but I'm not comfortable will giving out my name. Ok what has happened is I have broken up with my girl friend we have been together for only 3 months as BF and GF but I have been trying to get her attention for almost 1 years, one of the main...

My story.. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello First of all, thanks to all the mods and admins for running such a great forum. Kip Up the good work! Now here's my story, I 've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. Last week she said she needed a break before we get any deeper in this relationship. I agreed and gave her some...

This is my story [ 10 Answers ]

I met this boy several years ago. He was so wonderful, in so many different ways. My family loved him, as did I. We quickly fell in love. But I was so young and inexperienced. I was 18, he was 25. I didn't know what I wanted, in him, in myself, in life. I chose to abruptly end our relationship. It...

View more questions Search