Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mijo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Uninstall eTrust Internet Security Suite
    I tried to uninstall eTrust Internet Security Suite 2006 with Win XP Home uninstall. The anti-virus program seems to have uninstalled, but the other three programs did not. Now, uninstall does not list the suite in the list of installed programs. I tried two other unistall programs, but they don't see the Suite either. When I originally tried to uninstall I kept getting messages that I was not the administrator. I am the only user of this computer and it is set up to log me on as administrator. I have had no trouble doing other administrative tasks.

Can someone give me some help uninstalling this thing. Preferably without having to do registry edits which I don't feel comfortable doing. I have considered deleting all of the Suite files and then cleaning up with a registry cleaning program, but am not sure whether that is a good idea.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 4, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Reinstall it and use the inbuilt uninstall functionality, as removing suites incorrectly can cause problems.
    mijo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Reinstall it and use the inbuilt uninstall functionality, as removing suites incorrectly can cause problems.
    Thank you Curlyben for the reply. I looked for a built in uninstaller, but could not find one and none of the uninstallers I ran showed that one existed. I am reluctant to reinstall because I have since installed Norton Internet Security Suite 2007 and it is running perfectly. Also, I'm not sure I can reinstall without first uninstalling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help I can't Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005! [ 3 Answers ]

:mad:Please help I have been trying for 2 days to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005, the Anti virus was showing as "Files corrupt" advised me to uninstall and reinstall, two days later after various attempts and reading on the Symantec website still none the wiser. Tried Add/Remove programs...

Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I uninstall Norton Internet Security 2005 and clean up all its registries?

Uninstall Norton Internet Sevurity [ 1 Answers ]

I need to uninstall Norton Internet Security to allow Blizzard Entertainment to download a patch to my computer. I can not remove it from the control panel without a password. I do not remember creating a password for removing items from my laptop. :confused: How do I recover this password or...

Uninstall Internet explorer [ 2 Answers ]

If I uninstall and then reinstall Internet Explorer will I lose all the websites I have in my favorites folder?

Uninstall internet explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install Firefox how do I unistall internet explorer. I can't find it in add and remove programs. I am new at computers. :)

View more questions Search