Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Why so many people like Harry Porter and Pirate of Caribbean?
    I wonder why?? :confused:
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I'm not a big pirates fan, although Ill watch anything that has Johnny Depp,
    But as for Harry Potter, I started when the first book came out, and loved it and then read the second and so on, and then the movies came out and they were good... I've been with harry from the beginning, and he is kind of a part of me now... I think a lot of people are that way. Many people literally grew up with those books...
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:25 PM
    I do not care for either one, so I do not see the attraction. But many people do and that is what makes the world go 'round.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Pirates was poop harry well heck those books rocked
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I love Harry Potter books. The stories are wonderful and the characters are so great. They are just fun reads.

I'm with you AlkalineAngel, I'll watch anything Johnny Depp is in, it could be a snuff film and I'll be there first row.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:36 PM
    LOL, it just a kid that has a magic stick?

LOL, I watched all those(HP, POC) movies because all my friends grab me to the theater, never my personal choice, it was like tortue for me,LOL:D
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:39 PM
    OMGSH! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN! I love curse of the black pearl, dead manschest and at worlds end!
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Oh trust me I fought kicking and screaming but finally a friend totally convinced me to read one of the book (mostly because has had been a very serious English literature major in college) and I loved it. In fact I read it all in one sitting then promptly raced off to the bookstore to buy the others.

And Johnny Depp is just gorgeous no explanation needed there
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Harry Potter sucks though
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    And Johnny Depp is just gorgeous no explanation needed there
    That's what all my gfs said to me!:eek:
    What do u mean by no explanation? :confused: I just don't get it, he seems like he is on something,LOL:D

P.S. opps, I have this feeling that many girls will be yelling at me on my comments.:D
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:51 PM
    I don't like either one. They are both boring. :)
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Johnny Depp is absolutely SEXXXY BEYOND BELIEF!
    That however is not the only reason I like him. I love him because he is such an amazing actor!!!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    I dont like either one. They are both boring. :)
    What do you like then?:p
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    what do you like then?:p
    My favorite types of movies are horror and comedy. I don't like the fantasy stuff much, and I don't like "chick flicks" at all.. lol :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    My favorite types of movies are horror and comedy. I dont like the fantasy stuff much, and i dont like "chick flicks" at all..lol :)
    Me too, what comedies do u recommend? The new ones I mean:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
    That's what all my gfs said to me!:eek:
    what do u mean by no explanation? :confused: I just don't get it, he seems like he is on something,LOL:D

P.S. opps, I have this feeling that many girls will be yelling at me on my comments.:D

It's all about preference. Not everyone agrees on who is cute. My gf's like Matthew McConaughy and I don't get it - I think he looks like a weirdo. I also think that Brad Pitt is just a little bit too pretty for my taste, however I think George Clooney is so handsome.

You like what you like...
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Me too, what comedies do u recommend? the new ones I mean:)
    Wow, I haven't seen a really good comedy come out in a while. Norbit was okay. Epic movie stunk. Hot Fuzz was okay, not that great. I'm waiting for Delta Farce to come out! Definitely looking forward to that.

Mostly the comedy I like is like "Blue Collar Comedy". That's awesome. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    It's all about preference. Not everyone agrees on who is cute. My gf's like Matthew McConaughy and I don't get it - I think he looks like a weirdo. I also think that Brad Pitt is just a little bit too pretty for my taste, however I think George Clooney is so handsome.

You like what you like.....
    I agree, Brad Pitt is too much of a pretty boy. Yucky. I sort of think Edward Norton is cute :)
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
    OMG! BRUCE WILLIS!!! Drop dead sexy in Die Hard:o
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 4, 2007, 10:13 AM
    If your a johnny Depp fan, there's no way you don't like Pirates, I think its attraction is the fact that once uve watched the movies, you don't talk about what johnny depp was like in the movie, you talk about captain jack. He's not a typical hero, and that's fun for a change.

Personally I was a really huge fan of the pirates of the Caribbean ride in disney world, so the way the movie included bits of the ride so well was fantastic.

As for Harry Potter, the books are genius. I'm not a big fan of the movies though (id call them ok), obviously you cnt put a 600 page book into 2hours but they just slip up and make simple mistakes way 2 much in the films. Specially the last 1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early 90's show about a pirate ghost [ 3 Answers ]

This has been driving me nuts for a while: Does anyone remember the title of a show, late 80's/early 90's, only last one year, where a guy buys or inherits a house in the Caribbean and discovers it is haunted by the ghost of a black pirate. The two team up, the living guy dresses up and pretends...

The Pirate Movie, starring Christy McNichol [ 9 Answers ]

I purchased my favorite movie online: The Pirate's Movie, starring Christy McNichol. But, when I received the movie, I tried to play it in my dvd player, and it said "wrong region." So, I tracked the company down, and they told me that it is a european dvd, and that I will not be able to play it...

80s hbo pirate cartoon? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know much but slight details my older brother reminded me about a sci fi cartoon with piratelike characters and the captain pirate had somekind of eypiece and some other guy had one eye(huge eye) and you that's all I remember its not stargazer. Thanks please help Ive searched all of Google.

Caribbean Pirate Movie without Cofresi? [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently seeing a preview of the movie Pirates of the Caribean and couldn't help but notice the glaring omission of the famous Puerto Rican Pirate Cofresi who was wreaking havoc wth shipping in that area. In fact, other nations protested to Spain asking the government to stop him. He was said...

View more questions Search