Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinkerpan Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Looking to start well needed biz
    Looking to start a night time care biz for people just like me. I have tried to get a job and each place will hire me but finding day care open late is the biggest problem. Also weekends.
    We need funding or a backer for this project. I have a partner. She came to me frustrated about will for day care and wanted her own biz. I said no until yesterday when again I was offered a job I could not take.
    Please contact us!
    Sharon and Shar
    1215 738 8827
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2007, 11:58 AM
    I suggest contacting businesses in your area that employ night shift workers for funding.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Based on your area code you are in Philly - I would contact NJAWBO (Nw Jersey Assoc of Women business Owners) they will be able to provide you with a lot of information. Go to some events and you will make a lot of networking contacts.

Before you get funding you will need a business plan no one is going to back a project without that. You also need licensing in most states to run a day care, you will need to look into what is needed for that. Don't forget insurance. You also have to register with the state and create a legal entity.

This is another place NJAWBO can help they will provide you with what you need to start a business. It's a lot more then an idea. I'm not trying to scare you I'm just trying to make sure you know how much goes into it.
    tinkerpan Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Thanks! This would not be my first biz. I had an award winning toy store for ten years. This time I am looking for funding or a backer.
    My ex worker came ot me wanting help to start a day care. I just changed it to a night care instead.
    Basically I want to help her and also help myself with my problems at same time.
    I need this day care so I can do what I would like to do.
    Nothing will scare me at this point. I have beenat tehtop and at the very bottom. If I did not need this for myself I woud never do a biz again. But I realized after my 5th to 6th job offer I coudlnto take that I needed to do something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Loan to Start New Biz [ 1 Answers ]

I have substantial equity in my home and would like to draw on it to start a new business. Unfortunately I am not currently employed and I can't find a bank that will work with me to provide a line of credit. Any ideas??

Home based biz New Jersey [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I own a power washing business on the jersey shore(ocean and monmouth counties).I'm looking for someone who would be interested in marketing my services by phone or putting advertisements on peoples doorknobs.must be clean cut,honest and responsible.you would work on a commission basis.no hard...

View more questions Search