Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Setting up web site and web shop
    Hi Guys.

Can anyone tell me the best way to set up a web site with web shop. I have looked online but overloaded with conflicting information.

What things do I need and in what order?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Easiest is to contract with a WEB host that offers an E-commerce package.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 7, 2007, 06:04 AM
    I agree with Scott, that's the easiest, fastest, most econonical way to go, though if you DO want to do it yourself:

1. You'll need a site that can list all the things you want to sell. There are many scripts you can purchase for this, or you can develop your own. You may also be able to find a free open source one
    2. You need somewhere to host that site. It will most likely have to be able to run ASP acripting or PHP scripting, as those are, in my opinion, the biggest two server side scripting languages currently in use
    3. A payment gateway to be able to receive payments from. These usually charge you either a subscription based fee, or a per transaction fee.

And, of course, some sort of PR to get a few customers.

I'd still suggest a host that offers an E-commerce package, though
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Aug 7, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Thank you for your help guys.

I am looking to design the site using Frontpage and then publish this via a host provider. Does this sound feasible ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Its feasible, but I would still use the host's web commerce package and then interface with and customize it using Frontpage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a web site [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there.. I'm looking for aweb site named askme.com.. I was a member, but I became an official site for other stuff not related to answeing questions.. any 1 got an idea what happened to it?

Web site [ 4 Answers ]

OK so I want to know how to make my own web site how on earth do you do it I need help Does getting a website free or do I have to pay money for like the space I am using well I need help and can some one help me pleassssss!! :[

Setting Up A Web Forum [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, is it easy to set up a web forum, similar to this one, I just purchased a webspace? Jack Ross Crime Fighter

Web site help [ 2 Answers ]

A web site has been made and we would like to go in and change pictures and add pictures but have no idea how to do this. Some one else built the site but isn't able to work on it continuosly like we want. We don't know how to do any of it. Mostly focusing on adding pictures and mabye working on...

View more questions Search