Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flick Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen
    Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Right if you are going to get anywhere academically you should become familiar with these websites

Wikipedia - general info but be careful can be wrong, good place to find links
    RCSB Protein Data Bank - strucural info
    PubMed Home - papers and journals some are free but you'll get more if you're academic institution is subscribed
    Google - oh yes genius, you can find anything

Also look in your textbooks
    Here is a very good biochem one
    Amazon.co.uk: Molecular Biology of the Cell [Book and CD-ROM]: Books: Bruce Alberts

I seriously recommend purchasing/ getting this out of library I know the answer to this question is in there (I own it!)
    flick Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Thank u
    KarenAK Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 01:52 AM
    Protein hemoglobin is found in red blood cells in the body. It's function is to transport oxygen from the lungs to the tissues in the body. Red cell hemoglobin picks up/binds oxygen in the lungs and when the blood travels to tissues, it exchanges the oxgyen that it is bound to for CO2 or carbon dioxide. When the red cells travel back to the lungs the CO2 is release and exhaled by the lungs. In patients with low hemoglobin levels-anemia-they become "winded" and tired because they are not getting enough oxygen to the body

Collagen is a structural protein and can be found in almost any tissue of the body... skin, nails, connective tissue such as ligaments, in the cornea... just to name a few
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 11:41 AM

Hm... Hello KarenAK. I see you're quite new to the site and I've seen some of your posts. One thing to keep in mind it the date of the first post. You see, this thread was started on the 3 August 2007, which is 2 years ago. I don't think that the one who asked that question is still aound, especially if you can see that the number of posts remained at 12. :rolleyes:

Try looking at the date before posting, thanks. Your posting without looking revives old threads, which are generally considered outdated in some way, for the asker is most probably no longer here.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 04:41 AM
    2 year old thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Protein precipitation [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what is a useful solution for precipitation of a protein in alkali and a useful solution for precipitation of a protein in an acid solution

Protein powders [ 2 Answers ]

I have just started working at my local sports center and discovered that I now get the gym free, so I've decided I'm going to start using it. I was talking to my cousin and he was telling me the ins and outs and stuff like that, then he got on to protein powders he just said they would help that's...

Protein powder [ 2 Answers ]

How long before protein powder expires?

Protein Powder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering would know if a protein powder can be harmful passed its expiration date? Thanks, Rik

Too much protein? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been told that because I am weight lifting, I should get at least 1 gram of protein/day so that I can get gains. How much protein should I consume each day if I am 15; 130 lbs; and 20 on the bmi chart?

View more questions Search