Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    p_rich91 Posts: 40, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Laughing Gas
    Is laughing gas (nitros oxide or something like that) harmful? I have a friend who's dad is a dentist and has an office next to her house. She and some of my friends have gone down there and used the laughing gas to kind of get high like with drugs but not as bad. They say it just makes them really happy but they had a party one time and guys and girls were using it and one of the girls passed out but then she was OK later. I heard a bunch of guys say they are going to do it again. Is this dangerous?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Yes it is dangerous... someone passed out that could have lead to rape or serious injury. High doses can cause you to become extremely sick. Not to mention if they get caught it could lead to a ruined business for the dad
    m3vke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
    I don't think the gas it's harmful it's self, but the person high on the gas might be. They might not know what they are doing and something they regret.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Yes it is dangerous if not used in the right proportions with oxygen. Please don't get caught up in this mess. It can be deadly if not used correctly.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Of course it's dangerous. That's why you can't pick up a six-pak on the way home!
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 07:02 PM
    The gas is not toxic, but excessive inhalation can cause hypoxia — a lack of oxygen in the brain, which can lead to death
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 04:25 PM
    In australia, a group of teens opened a gas bottle of NO2 (nitrous oxide) and they all went to sleep-forever! It is not toxic but if you breathe it instead of air-you will die due to Hypoxia.

Sorry for the graphical account, but it is dangerous.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 05:21 PM
    ^^^^ My point exactly as to why there must be a proper mixture of oxygen and NO2 for it not to be deadly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Yes and as noted, the dentist can lose his license to be a dentist if this gets reported to the Medical Board. He has a obligation to keep his office secure, the use of a controlled drug ( this is a controlled drug) and even possible contamination of instruments in the office is a gross security issue.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 5, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rich91
    used the laughing gas to kind of get high like with drugs but not as bad.
    How could one not consider this a drug? Aside from it being used in the stated capacity in which it is, it is a regulated substance notably used in a particular medical capacity. This hardly differs from the use of "poppers" or amyl nitrite, a most prevalent and illicit inhalative substance used primarily within the gay community. If used to get high, it becomes a drug regardless. :)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Of course it's dangerous. That's why you can't pick up a six-pak on the way home!
    Hello Captain:

You CAN pick up a six-pak. They're called whippets.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag gas dryer, replacing gas valve coils [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me. My Maytag gas dryer's igniter glows but then no flame appears. I believe it is the gas valve coils that are bad, so I purchased a replacement kit (3 coils). The instructions say to match the colors of the wires, but my replacement kit has red, black, white...

Convert propane gas to the natural gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer in the basement that need to be used in propane gas but my current set up is through natural gas. I didn't realize until I try to dry the clothes but it was taking much much longer time... Is there any way that I can convert the natural gas? . Let me know Thanks

Laughing as I orgasm [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend as often laughed at the many times he can give me an orgasm within one time of making love he's even tried to count at one point but after the fifth one he lost count. He's just gotten a divorce four months ago and we're moving her things out the apt (she took off to cali leaving their...

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

View more questions Search