Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Extreme Nausea after run
    I just ran 2 miles and thats normal for me but i now i feel extremely nauseous and dizzy why could this of happened could it be the heat?
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 04:49 PM
    If could be the heat... is there a chance you are pregnant? Just asking because that is how I found out about mine. Slowly drink water and/or a sports drink to balance out your electrolytes.
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
    No I'm not pregnant
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Okay LOL sorry I was just checking... did you seem to sweat more or see salt crystals on your skin. If you developed cramps in your stomach it was probably heat cramps. You should feel fine in a few hours if you don't I would consult with a doctor.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Aug 2, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Yes, it's the heat. These are symptoms of mild hyperthermia, which is common among athletes in the hotter months.

You're probably dehydrated. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water before running (when I still ran, I was drinking nearly two gallons of water a day in the summer, because I'd sweat so much out during a run). If you can, switch your runs to morning or evening, when it's cooler, or find a place to run that's mostly in the shade.

If you're not already feeling better, take a warm shower (water temp around 85 degrees). A hot one won't cool you down, and a cold one will just make you uncomfortable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I am 20 years old and I have a problem. This is my first time posting a question on here, and I'm hoping to get some feedback. Maybe some ideas that I haven't heard before. See, I am generally a happy-go-lucky person. Most people see me as a REALLY happy girl, and I would even say...

Bleeding, stomach pains, nausea [ 4 Answers ]

A friend of mine has been having some problems, this is what she sent to me in a message.. "well..about a month and a half ago every time i would go ot the bathroom i noticed that i was passing blood but i didnt tell anyone at that point because i didnt think much of it. But last saturday there...

Difficulty swallowing, nausea & then irregular vomiting in the evenings [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 44 year old female who has been having difficulty swallowing for severel months. It's not a problem of swallowing food, just normal swallowing which generally starts in the evenings. The difficulty in swallowing usually accompanies becoming nauseous. In the last several weeks I've vomited...

Headaches & Nausea [ 4 Answers ]

So I took my first Private tumbling class on Thursday and when I left I was feeling super nauseated and had a huge headache. Does anyone have any thoughts on why I felt that way?

Nausea after lunch [ 2 Answers ]

MY girlfriend is experiencing nausea after lunch recently. This happened almost everyday after lunch. Is this a symptom of pregnancy? :confused: I thought pregnancy happened as morning sickness after waking up.

View more questions Search