Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2007, 08:32 AM
    A Pain Reliever at 30 Weeks Pregnant
    I have a pinched nerve in my C2 vertibre which causes headaches and even migraines if it gets to bad. Through out my pregnancy it hasn't been an issue, but as of lately my neck has become very stiff. The muscle's are becoming inflamed *due to stress probably* but I was wondering what I could take that would be safe? I was thinking bengay just to relieve the tension but that really won't do much for the headaches.

Any Advice? :confused:
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 08:34 AM
    My OB always said tylenol was safest. Just don't guzzle a whole bottle. Take the minimum dosage for your age. IBUProfin is not safe nor is asprin.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Aug 2, 2007, 08:36 AM
    I think your best bet if tylenol ins't working I would call your doctor, because there might be something that they can give to you that is safe for you and the baby. Your OB/GYN will be able to help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Tylenol is the only safe thing without a prescription from your doctor who would know best what is safe for you. There are several categories of meds. Anything listed in the A, B, or C category is safe during pregnancy. Your doctor or pharmacist can look these up for you.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
    I took a tylenol yesterday due to a bad sinus infection. I only took it because I had to work. Only take drugs when truly needed.
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Thank you so much for all of your answers! I am awaiting the midwife to call me back so I can ask them.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:41 AM
    When I was pregnant they prescribed me Tylenol with Codeine. That seemed odd to me, so I didn't take them.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    When I was pregnant they prescribed me Tylenol with Codeine. That seemed odd to me, so I didnt take them.
    It is fine to take, it is a category B medication, so it is okay to take it during pregnancy, following doctor's orders of course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I have been using Certain Dri Anti-perspirant. Is it okay to use when pregnant. I couldn't find any information about not using it when pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I am 28 weeks pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

I have been sick for 3 day and now it has blood in it do I need to go see a doctor

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

I am 4 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

K what happened was I found out that I am pregnant but I had a little bit of pain on my right side so the doctor told me it was a blatter infection so he gave me some pills for it then a few days went by and the pain did not go away so I went to the walk in clinic again and the doctor told me it...

View more questions Search