Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walinda11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 07:51 AM
    Rights and Children
    Hi... How long does a non-custodial parent have to stay away before it's considered abandonment? Any answers greatly appreciated.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Laws vary from state to state.Abandonment is a legal term describing the failure of a non-custodial parent to provide support to his or her children according to the terms approved by a court of law.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 01:39 PM
    From six months to one year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

Children rights [ 3 Answers ]

What is the legal age when children decide which parent they want to stay. I live in Atlanta, Georgia (Clayton County).

How do I get the father of my children to sign over rights? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 23 and have 2 children by the same man. We have had an on/off relationship for the past 4 years. Recently We broke up for the last time when he hurt me physically for the first time. I would really like to get our lives on track and have a better life. I would perfer for him to not be in it. ...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Children rights [ 10 Answers ]

Can law enforcement question children without a parent or having an attorney present? What are their rights?

View more questions Search