Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishuponastar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 07:32 AM
    Whirlpool clothes washer-tub overflow
    My whirlpool washer (about 8 years old) oerflowed last night. Apparently the water didn't automatically stop when the tub/basket was filled. We have an upstairs laundry and what a mess.

Is this a simple thing to repair or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2005, 07:48 AM
    Look in the controls for a doodad with a couple of wires and a plastic tube running down inside. It is a pressure sensor that shuts the water off. Likely a simple job to replace it.
    irishuponastar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 08:14 AM
    The doodad
    Thanks for your reply. Do you think that doodad might be called an Internal Fill Valve ?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2005, 10:06 AM
    Yeah, I didn't want to confuse you. Some of them may have more than 2 wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer Overflow Pan? [ 5 Answers ]

My home inspector suggested I put in a metal washer overflow pan in the laundry room. Where do I get this? Do they range in size? How do I know which one to get?? Thanks for any help!

Whirlpool Gas Dryer leaves clothes damp [ 2 Answers ]

Model # GGW9868KQ@ Whirlpool sensor gas dryer leaves clothes damp when using the automatic controls. What's wrong:

Clothes washer overflow/stoppage [ 5 Answers ]

I ran a load of clothes and my Kenmore (1 yr old) washer overflowed from the standpipe. I had this problem last summer and had two plumbers "fix" the problem until now. Plumber #1 elevated the drain pipe to provide more vertical drop and increased the length of the stand pipe. He also tried to jet...

What is the standard for clothes washer drains? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the standard for rural washer drains?. Separate septic and drain field? Advised to place 55gal. Multiple perforated drum filled with golfball size rocks deep into ground with drain pipe entering into top? Thanks

Washer overflow [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! My washing machine is overflowing from it's drain during the drain/rinse cycle. It also back flows thought the pipe and will partially fill the kitchen sink that is connected to the same drain line. The drain is 2" steel, and the house is about 50 old, a single story concrete slab and...

View more questions Search