Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandieluu Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 07:48 PM
    I Need 2 Know EVERYTHING On Middle School!
    Ok Im going 2 middle school in a week so I need help!! And can I get some tips on notes because I write vvvvvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyyy Slow!! So can u help me? :( :( :( :( :(
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Well as for notes, I always sort of invented my own short cut way of writing things. Though must teachers write on the board so you will be able to take your time. I'm sure you will get faster with practice.

Um, I'm trying to remember when I was in middle school. But I'm guessing your going to school with new people. So I'd say just relax and be yourself. If you made friends in elementary school you'll make friends in middle school.

Aug 1, 2007, 07:57 PM
    My sisters went to the school Im going 2 so I can find my way but friends is my problem... cause I hang out with boys so girls might say something
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Here is a good lesson to learn - who cares what people think! I'm sure you've heard it before, but when girls talk badly about you behind your back it is because they are jealous of something you have. So they may be jealous of the male attention and that does not give them the right to bully you or spread gossip. If they do who cares you know what's true about you and so do the people who care about you.

When you get into MS try to make some new friends and try some new clubs and things. I always think the more people who actually know you the less likely people are to believe gossip about you. (not to say anyone will gossip or that's the only reason to make new friends - but that seems to be a concern of yours).
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 1, 2007, 08:07 PM
    girls don't care who you hang out with... Im guess your are in 6th grade going into 7th? Don't worry about girls right now, you will find yourself attracted to them like crazy within the year or 2 if you aren't already. You will eventually make friends with girls, and then they will introduce you to there friends and such. And for notes, this is what I do,

Don't write everything down exactly as the teacher does, they write fast a lot. And when they talk and you have to write it down, it is annoying. So do shortcuts, like before = before, because = because, etc. Make up your own too. And remember notes aren't suppose to be completely details, as that is the point of books, they are simply to make you remember what was in the book and such.

I am actually going into high school next year so I am kind of excited for that too :D

Aug 1, 2007, 08:12 PM
    U were very close I'm going in 2 6th not 7th silly! Lol jk
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 8, 2007, 01:36 PM
    6th grade is a lot of fun. I'm not sure how your 5th grade class was, whether you just had one teacher, but going from class to class is a nice break every hour or so! And having 6 or 7 different teachers was nice, too.

For taking notes, I agree with everybody else that you should write down only the important stuff. Do you write cursive or do you print? One thing to think about is that you don't have to write neatly when you take notes. It only matters if you can read them. Nobody else needs to be able to read what you write in your notes.:D

If it is anything like my 6th grade was (a REALLY long time ago, LOL) you will get lots of hand-outs from your teachers with the important stuff already written for you. The biggest challenge is carrying all your books. Make sure you use your locker and don't carry all your books at the same time.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 8, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Also, I forgot. If you take the bus, you will usually get to school way before homeroom starts, so it's kind of like an early morning recess. And at lunch period, after you eat is also like a second recess. Those are the best times to meet new friends at middle school.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I teach middle school and I would happily give a student a copy of my notes if that helps them pay better attention to the concepts that I cover. Talk to your teachers about getting a copy of the notes. Then when the teacher is going over the notes but in things that would help you remember each concept. Even if it seems silly, it will help you recall the information later.
    Cocokinnut Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2013, 11:44 PM
    Write important, short worded, things on loose leaf paper. Don't care about neatness. When you get home expand on those little topics. I once wrote a page and a half, front and back on a 1/4 piece of paper. It only took about 5 hours. Over the course of 3 days of course.

Jan 3, 2013, 11:47 PM
    Hmmm... What else? Okay! I'm in middle school now so I can help. In the first 3-4 months there will probobly be 2 exams. Physical exams not menal

Jan 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
    Hmmm... What else? Okay! I'm in middle school now so I can help. In the first 3-4 months there will probobly be 2 exams. Physical exams not mental exams. One for hearing, eyesight, and BMI. The other for scoliosis. All of your teachers will probobly be a bit intimidating at first but you will find at least one teacher you really like. I lucked out and like all of my teachers. At my school unless you have gym as an elective you don't get a locker so travel light. Leave the extra reading books, snacks, or what ever else at home. You. Don't. Need. It. If you do get a locker than get a good lock even if the school supplies them. About 1,000 people will have used it so it's easily broken. It's worth the $5 investment. Or less. Lastly, whatever you do, under any sucumstances, DO NOT wear anything against school dress code. THEY WILL MAKE YOU CALL HOME!! I saw a girls who's skirt was way too short and she couldn't leave the office until here mom came with a pair of pants for her. I don't care if all of your clothes are torn to shreds and all that's left fir some reason are thousands of baby socks. Learn to sew, get a bottle of clothing dye, I don't cate if school starts in 16 second, DO IT!!
    JARIXA Posts: 95, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2013, 06:49 PM
    I HAVE A HUGE TIP FOR YOU!! Ok... im in seventh grade and the years are tough believe me. But you'll be fine if you be yourself. If you change so will everyone around you sometimes it's a good most of the time it's not... so be yourself. OH YEA and ignore all the negativity as much as you can and you won't have to take counceling like I do. That doesn't mean you can't have friends it just means don't bully, get into peoples business, and don't get on the teachers bad side. About the writing just tell the teacher about it and they'll help you out. It also would be good to practice :P

If you have any boy problems just ask:P

*-jadi*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Middle school [ 19 Answers ]

I need tips eny tips even if there stupid I don't care tips tips tips!! :)

Middle school [ 3 Answers ]

I need a middle school speech for principal

Middle School [ 17 Answers ]

I'm starting middle school this fall and I want some advice on how to handle it, I've read all the books and websites, but I need more! Confused

Middle school [ 3 Answers ]

What are some exsperaines that you had and don't want eny body else to go through in middle school tell me how to avoid them and I want to find a new best friend how do I do that!!

Middle school [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know what middle school is like I'm starting aug 27 and the coutsler said we don't have lockers. Help :confused:

View more questions Search