Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hybridtek Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Should I take a daily Vitamin
    I am 19 years old and have been getting sick more then a few times a year and I have heard my immune system is kind of weak. So I was wondering if it would be helpful to start taking a daily vitamin, to help keep me healthy and prevent me from getting sick. I've been looking up some things and a lot of places are saying it is unnecessary to do so. I am not saying my diet is is that healthy and I am getting all the vitamins and minerals I need a day, but I am still wondering if it would be worth it.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 07:07 PM
    It's a good idea the purpose of vitamins is to help give your body what your not getting from your diet. It may help. Try it and see if it helps. IF its going to make a difference you'll feel it within a week.

Some brands are better then others but it all depends on your financial abilities. Health food stores sell better vitamins that are more pure but your drugstore brands are okay too.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
    As well, if you are a man, be careful to take an iron-free supplement unless specifically recommended by your physician, as iron can accumulate to toxic levels within your system causing a condition know as hemochromatosis. Blood loss is the only effective way to rid the body of excess iron.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Vitamins are great, but it is imperative to speak with your doctor before selecting a vitamin supplement routine. The wrong vitamins can negatively accelerate chemical reactions in our bodies. A proper diet should give our bodies adequate vitamin supplies. The wrong vitamins or quantities may interact negatively with your body resulting in many health risks. So that's why I strongly advise anyone to first contasct your Doctor or health professional first!!
    hybridtek Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Well thanks guys its been helpful, I think that I have chosen not to do it based on your answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daily geo [ 3 Answers ]

What is the capital of the country through which the Tropic of Cancer and 60 degrees west line of longitude pass?:eek:

Daily routine [ 2 Answers ]

What should be the routine of my autistic children? Could you give me a sample schedule?

Is daily communication with my man necessary? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it a bad thing for me to want to talk to my boyfriend everyday if only for a little while since we cannot see each other everyday do to work and school

Daily duties [ 2 Answers ]

What does your occupation require of you on a daily basis?

View more questions Search