Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kemikal12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 1, 2007, 12:32 PM
    I have an quesiton about arrest warrants
    Hi,

I just found out I have a bench warrant for 2 misdemeanor charges such as minor under 21 in comsumption of alcohol. Someone told me that can turn into a felony charge. I have no further charges or anything. It is true it will turn felony? Also I heard if you have no run-ins with the law for 7 years that the warrants will not be on record unless you have a run-in that they will be re-activated?

SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND BECAUSE MY LIFE IS GOING WELL FOR ME RIGHT NOW AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO BE PUT IN JAIL FOR SOMETHING THAT Happened TO ME WHEN I WAS 17 AND 18
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2007, 12:47 PM
    How did you find out the warrants existed?

I would suggest you turn yourself in to your local police (with your attorney). Explain you just found out these warrants existed, since they were the result of yourhful indiscretion and you have not been in any trouble since, you would to clear them from your record. Most likely the local prosecutor will drop them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Please don't use PMs or e-mails for asking questions. My previous response told you what I think you should do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
    No, a warrant is merely that, a court order to bring you before the court.

A criminal charge can go up and down, depending on the DA and the evidence that they find or have. For example if after you appear in court they find you had a gun while you were drunk, the crime can be increased.
    And it can be decreased also, and even droped by plea bargains.

A warrant once issued never goes away, so it will be there to the day you die. So you hire an attorney, make arrangements to turn yourself in, and have bail arranged, so you just go to jail, and go back home, till you appear in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bench warrants [ 4 Answers ]

If they issue a bench warrant in one state but you live in another about 1,900 miles away can they issue it in a different state or is it you just can't go back there or you will be arrested.

When are they going to arrest her? [ 17 Answers ]

So my mother-in-law owns her own realty business and had this secretary who has embezzled two hundred thousand dollars. They received the final amount a couple of months ago. Now it's been a year since this whole investigation and DA had started all this and yet this woman is still working for a...

Bench Warrants in GA [ 1 Answers ]

When can they be served? Is there a time frame as in - not between certain hours? Can they break in to your house?

Travel with warrants [ 2 Answers ]

A long time ago I had some legal problems.over 10 years ago.I might have some warrants for misdemeanor bounced checks and child support contempt. I am cleaning up my life now and have a great job offer in Europe.I wonder 1.I was given a passport last year.Does that mean it is OK for me to...

Warrants? [ 5 Answers ]

How Do I Find Out If I Got Em?? And if I'm 17 when do they go away if I do have them??

View more questions Search