Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeandrandy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Matching color-coded wires on a light fixture
    Hello, I am installing a light fixture (I;m in the U.S.) and the box has a black and a white wire plus the ground wire, but my (European?) light fixture has blue, brown, and yellow-green. Can someone advise me on which wire should connect to the white and which to the black? Thank you for helping.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Blue is neutral, or white. Brown is hot or black, and yellow green is bare or green
    mikeandrandy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Thank you for your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Vanity: Four Lights and Wires to replace Two Light Fixture [ 3 Answers ]

We took out a two light vanity fixture that had two sets of black and white wires. The new fixture has four lights and four sets of black and white wires. Is there anything special we have to do to install it? Can we splice the wires somehow or do we have to add more wiring to the original...

2001 Hyundai Sonata Color Coded Wiring Diagram [ 0 Answers ]

Bought 2001 Hyundia Sonata 4 cyl with 26k miles, w/ blown head gasket, replaced engine, found that it needed an ECM (computer), replaced it. Car starts up, runs a couple of seconds-makes a chirping sound and shuts off. (have no key fob) Assume the alarm module is bad (apparently car was under...

Color coded wires [ 4 Answers ]

This is a two part question: 1. I have a 28 year old Carrier furnace model #31MM220120 and need to know which wire color matches with the newer motor colors. In the furnace there are wires such as orange, white, beige... How do I match up the old color coded wires with the new color coded wires? ...

Matching wires on new honeywell thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat was janitrol HPT 18-60 and wires were: Y (yellow) G (orange) R (Red) O (orange) W2 (white) E (Black) C (Blue) I just bought a Honeywell #RTH6300B. Their wires are: G,W,Y, R,RC. How can I match them up? Do I need the "O" on the old one? We are only getting hot air now by...

Wiring not color coded [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. New to site think its great Recently purchased home, built in 1957. I am installing new fixtures in the home and noticed the wiring is not color coded. What I have is 2 black wires and a bare copper . What I'm trying to figure out what is the "white" and "black" . Any help will be...

View more questions Search