Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mothernature123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 08:44 AM
    Ceramic plate stuck in glass pot- Don't know how to take it out!
    Recently, one of my children were washing the dishes and placed a small, ceramic plate in the glass pot to make room for the other dishes. Later, when he was trying to take it out, he pushed it so that it was stuck mid-pot. We emptied out the water that was stuck in between the plate and the bottom of the pot by holding the pot upside-down. We've tried to take the plate out with a knife, but it doesn't seem to work. This was an old, sentimental pot from my grandfather that we use almost every week! Please help! :confused:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Place a bag of ice against the plate and run hot water over the pot (upside down). Just don't let the water get so hot that you end up "hurting" the precious pot. The plate should fall right out.

Good luck!

mothernature123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Place a bag of ice against the plate and run hot water over the pot (upside down). Just don't let the water get so hot that you end up "hurting" the precious pot. The plate should fall right out.

Good luck!

Sounds great! I'll try it. Thanks. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My plate is stuck in my pot! [ 15 Answers ]

I have a teen. After eating their meal, & without intention, "someone" (inadvertently) dropped their plastic flat dish into a pot (filled with water), with the same circumference. The pot was in the sink waiting to be washed, soaking some food that had been stuck after cooking. My problem: I...

Sandblasting Pot [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that can tell me about sandblasters? I need to know how you go about running something other than sand through one. Do they have different tips for say, sand, soda and cob? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pot addiction [ 4 Answers ]

I'm addicted to pot. I have been for about two years now. I don't feel like it interferes with my life too much and that's probably why I have so much trouble quitting. I get board and fatigued and it seems like an easy solution. Is there any tips for quitting. I know I am capable of it but...

Crock Pot [ 2 Answers ]

How long can you keep the food in the crock pot on Warm? Can you put the Hot crock pot of food into the refrigerator?

Attaching ceramic corner shelf to ceramic tiles [ 3 Answers ]

I want to add a couple of ceramic shelves to my bathroom ceramic tub surround. What can you use to attach ceramic shelves to ceramic tiles? I tried the same glue used to put tiles on the drywall but they just slide. Thanks in advance!

View more questions Search