Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DIVYA21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Which one is good
    Which internet business is good and safe to make money?if anybody knows ?can you tell me:rolleyes:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 1, 2007, 02:46 AM
    Any that DOESN'T ask for an upfront fee and doesn't promise the world.
    Most businesses start small and build up, be very wary of anything that promises riches form day ONE.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 10, 2007, 08:38 PM
    But I whole-heartedly disagree that the "upfront fee" is enough of a criteria in itself to discredit a business opportunity.

If you open a Dairy Queen, you pay an upfront fee. If you open a Dippin Dots kiosk, you pay a fee. If you would've joined Prepaid Legal back in 1985, you would've paid a fee, too, but you'd probably be a millionaire right now.

I'm NOT saying that an upfront fee isn't a red flag. What I AM saying is that it's only one of many criteria you should use in determining what is "good" and what is a scam or a rip-off.

There are a great deal of Internet-based business opportunities that I personally do not believe in. But they have turned many folks like you and me into wealthy people, and did so with a quality product, and they did so by charging an upfront fee.

Companies like AmWay, Prepaid Legal, Melalueca, EcoQuest and the like. Again, these particular companies aren't my cup o' tea because of my own personal experiences, but I'd be wrong to call them a scam. They have worked for people, and they do have satisified customers.

Sadly, there are even MORE companies that charge upfront fees that are nothing more than a money-shuffling scam or pyramid scheme, that offer nothing of value and no tangible product or service.

The bottom line is that an upfront fee is simply Supply-and-Demand at its purest. If a company can sell something and people are willing to pay it, then they'd be poor capitalists to not charge it.

But that doesn't make the opportunity a bad one.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Aug 10, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Sorry, I forgot to answer your question, DivYa...

The fact is, starting ANY business, whether it's on the Internet or in a brick and mortar building, is a huge undertaking. If you expect to succeed without a learning curve, you simply won't be happy with what you find.

The first things you need to ask yourself are:

-What do I think I would ENJOY doing?
    -What would I be able to find passion in, even when the hard work and possible financial strain is getting to me?
    -How much risk am I comfortable taking, i.e. what can I afford to lose?
    -What are my natural talents and what is my personal education style best geared towards learning?
    -What have I done in life already that would possibly lead to a more quick learning curve in starting a new business?

If you can find an answer to those questions, then you'll have a better foundation for finding a business that might work for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Its all good so far but. [ 1 Answers ]

So basically I met this girl and we went on a "date" but we more or less just hung out with other people around. But we had a bit more exclusive connection. Everything went well, and I even pseudo-invited her on another date, and she said she'd love to go. Its been pretty low-profile so far, but...

Trying to be good [ 4 Answers ]

I guess I'm looking for moral support. I've married for five years and I love my wife. She is the only person that I have ever had sex with. We have been in a realationship since 1992. She is very attractive, even more so than when we first started dating. I don't know if the sex became too...

Is it over for good? [ 23 Answers ]

Met the most amazing through an unsolicited IM in 1999. We were in are early 20's. The IMing turned to phone conversations, and then meeting 5 months later. We fell in love so quickly. I moved from my home to where she lived at the beginning of 2000. In the summer of 2006, after some very...

Here is another good one. [ 1 Answers ]

What PMS Really Stands For: 13. Psychotic Mood Shift 12. Pack My Stuff 11. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome

View more questions Search