Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dagodan63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Expunged felony
    Do I have to disclose a felony that occurred 22 years ago (Felony DUI) and was expunged 6 months ago for a license in the banking or Insurance industry?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 04:38 AM
    I'm pretty sure if it was expunged AND that long ago it would not sway a hiring decision. Especially if there have been no charges as of late.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Hello dag:

I don't know what you mean when you ask "do I have to". Not according to me, you don't. Not according to the law, you don't. However, according to your prospective employer, I'll bet you do.

But, if the REAL question you want answered, is can they find out about it, my answer is it depends. If you were applying for a garbage truck driver's job, then I'd say don't worry. However, you're applying for some banking stuff. I would hope the banks do a pretty extensive background check, so I'll bet they'll find out.

So, the answer to your question is: Do you feel lucky?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Living with a felony [ 40 Answers ]

Do companies have the right to exclude a candidate from a job position based on a felony conviction? I was recently hired by an IT consulting firm to do a software deployment for a major bank. The consulting firm investigated my background, after I had fully disclosed the information to them. ...

Arrests that had been expunged from FBI [ 9 Answers ]

Hello and good afternoon. Back in NY in 1996 I was charged with a class b misdemeanor but pled guilty to a non-criminal offense, known as a 'violation"(not a fingerprintable offense) in NY state. I paid a $50 fine, received a conditional discharge, and my criminal records were sealed as per 160.55...

Can a theft under $50 be expunged from criminal history? [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested in 1975 for theft under 50 and released by fine. That incident showed up on my criminal history (that is the only thing I have ever been arrested for) as an update in 2002. Can this type of charge be expunged in the State of Texas?

What government agencies has access to expunged criminal records? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I'm hoping that someone here can help me with some info that I can't seem to find elsewhere. I have been arrested three times in Illinois. I can have all three cases expunged, which I will, but one of the cases still worry me. I was arrested for solicitation of prostitution a few years...

View more questions Search