Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfrhou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2005, 06:02 PM
    401K Contribution Timing
    I have an employer who has been deducting my 401K contributions from each paycheck since March of this year. None of these deductions are showing up in my 401K account on the third party administrators website and they don't know anything. I've trolled the IRS website, but have not been able to find anything related to when the company is required to post my contributions? I'm losing out on big gains over the past several months. The company plan representative says she's been ill and hasn't had time to send the contributions to the administrator. Is she required to post these on a regular basis and do I have any recourse, if so?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2005, 08:02 PM
    Here's a few links that may help:

The first one is a discussion of this very topic. If for some reason the link dies or doesn't work just cut the URL after ezboard.com and see if you can search for this

http://p075.ezboard.com/f401khelpfor...cID=1469.topic

This next link isn't an answer, but looks to be an advice site, much like askme, but legal oriented. If you can bear with the annoying ads you might be able to get advice here. I didn't search this site or look for archived articles... so this may have been already discussed.

http://forum.freeadvice.com/

Found these by using Yahoo and "401K legal question"... hope they help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2005, 05:53 AM
    Contributions
    Hi,
    Your company is not doing it's job.
    I would see a lawyer, find out legally what you should do.
    If the company person responsible for this can't do it, then the company should have a backup person to do it on a regular basis.
    Please see a lawyer.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it Really Bad Timing? [ 6 Answers ]

I need some advise from some female bloggers... Recently I've been dating a co-worker who has just ended a 3 1/2 year relationship about 4 months ago. We hit it off great as we have so many Things in common especially our outlook in life. However, when things started to get more serious in...

Credit for Roth IRA contribution [ 6 Answers ]

My spouse and I are filing tax return jointly this year. Our AGI does not exceed $50,000. And we both made contribution to Roth IRA this year, $4,000 each. However, he is a full-time student. Can we take credit for the roth ira. I know he cannot. But the question if I can take credit just for my...

Charity contribution [ 4 Answers ]

I have learn so much by reading post here. I gave charity contrybutin to my church every year. I would like to know how is it firgure(formula) How much is allowed each year. Does it affect how much I pay in taxes and what is the cutoff where it does not matter how much I gave. Thank,I...

Minimum monthly roth ira contribution? [ 1 Answers ]

For most roth ira plans, is there a minimum amount of $$ I need to contribute per month? Or can I put in as little each month as I want?

View more questions Search