Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellyisawsome Posts: 106, Reputation: 5

Jul 31, 2007, 01:16 PM
    What the hell?
    Mmk.
    I already know I need to get rid of my boyfriend.
    He is my first boyfriend so tell me how to dump him without making him cry... ;)
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Jul 31, 2007, 01:31 PM
    He cries??

Well, now, that answers why you want to dump him!:D

Here's a way. Let's say you have a bad day: deem it a major catastrophe, i.e, parents are fighting about who has to take out the trash (I don't know how old you are and whether you are still at home), you are taking it really hard, it's all too much to deal with, you need time to deal with family stuff right now. You care about him, but your parent's fights go much deeper than who has to take out the trash, your whole world could crumble at any minute, you know he understands and will give you space, just until you figure out if you can handle the emotional roller coaster of it all...

Other options: (1) poor Fluffy isn't feeling well, want to spend more time with the cat. (2) homework is being neglected and you could get kicked out of college, have no future, end up homeless, if you don't devote the rest of your college career to your classes, with no distractions. (3) tell him you have been having those feelings about his mom.
    DatingDiva Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Aug 1, 2007, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyisawsome
    Mmk.
    I already know I need to get rid of my boyfriend.
    He is my first boyfriend so tell me how to dump him without making him cry... ;)
    1. Do it yourself. In person. Don't text them, email them, tell them over the phone, or even have a friend do it for you.

2. Choose a place where your boyfriend will be able to get emotional (since he cries) or ask questions. You owe them the opportunity to talk to you about why you're letting them go.

3. Allow enough time for your partner to process the information. Remember, you've known for some time that you were going to break up, but it might take a few minutes for your partner to be okay with the news.

4. Be respectful.

5. State your reasons for breaking up in a straightforward but thoughtful manner.

6. Don't suggest you two can remain friends if you have no intention of doing so. Using this line is a cop out and will only serve to give your BF false hope.

7. Wish them the best, and mean it.

8. Don't play emotional games after the break up. It's natural to be lonely in the days immediately following a break up, but don't use that as an excuse to call up your ex and toy with the idea of getting back together.

9. Give your ex some space.

10. Stick with your decision.
    Kellyisawsome Posts: 106, Reputation: 5

Aug 2, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Lol.
    I like that one.
    Tell him your mom and dad were fighting over who needs to take out the trash.
    That is classic.
    eustress89 Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Aug 3, 2007, 04:00 PM
    You need to talk to him in person and tell him why you want to break up with him. No need to make up excuses. Just go over what is wrong with the relationship, if he says he will change, maybe give him a little more time. Then tell him you tried but it just isn't working out anymore. Don't make up anything, that isn't good for his self esteem. He needs to know what he was doing wrong so he can improve with his next girlfriend.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Aug 3, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Honestly if he really cares for you he'll probably cry weather you let him down easily or not. Guys have feelings too and there's nothing wrong with a guy crying. Do what you have to do. But be prepared for the tears
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Aug 3, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Just tell him to man up and quit being a baby. Tell him you need space, you not ready for a relationship, or tell him you're moving. Tell him your parents don't approve of you dating yet and you're the type that obeys your parents. OR just tell him the truth. The truth shall set you free
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Think about how you would feel if you were being dumped. Wouldn't you want the truth, the respect, and the chance to say it was nice knowing you, goodbye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I Go To Hell? [ 44 Answers ]

I am in an abusive marriage with a Christian... I plan to leave and divorce soon... will I be doomed for a divorce?

What the hell can I do ! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys and ladis.. I know that so silly for what I ask for.. but any way I'll talk ;]. It's about Social relations , I feel like am afraid from all people around me.. stuck into my room.. Sorry about that, 2 post like the same question.. But for me no , really I feel scared when m going...

Gallbladder Hell! [ 5 Answers ]

I've been to see my GP and I'm now awaiting a scan to confirm the diagnosis that the pain I am suffering is from my gallbladder. Actually my GP is a little worried bcause I'm 37 and in his view too young to have gallstones. The good news is the scan will be considered 'urgent' and UK national...

Hell! [ 67 Answers ]

DOES HELL EXIST? The Bible speaks more of Hell than of Heaven. Jesus said it and that settles it! What think ye? Bobbye

Different degrees of hell [ 46 Answers ]

This question is for people who believe in hell, obviously. Are there different degrees of suffering in hell, or is it the same amount of suffering for everyone who goes there? Why I ask is because it seems rather unfair that everyone should face the same punishment. Take murder, for example. Say...

View more questions Search