Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sps5383 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2007, 11:25 AM
    What's that noise coming from my sink?
    When I turn the hot water on full I hear a loud rumbling sound coming from the faucet/plumbing. Any idea what it is or how I can fix it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 31, 2007, 11:42 AM
    You may have some debris in the valve or cartridge. Shut off the water below the sink at the stop cock. Is this a single handle or double and does the rumble happen with both hot and cold?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 31, 2007, 11:44 AM
    What brand of kitchen sink faucet do you have? Does it have one handle or two?
    sps5383 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2007, 03:57 PM
    It's a bathroom faucet with two handles. It only makes the noise when the hot water is turned on.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 06:31 AM
    OK, you only need to shut off the hot supply. Remove the handle of the faucet and then the hex ring that holds the stem. Withdraw the stem and flush and inspect for debris. Also check the seat for debris and/or burrs. You should be good to go but write back if you hit a snag,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vibrating noise coming from bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, you all, I live on the eighth (top) floor of an apartment building, and have been hearing a vibrating sound coming intermittently from my bathroom ever since I moved in. Here's what I have figured out: -- The noise isn't electrical. I flipped all the breakers in the apartment and it...

Spitting noise coming from A/C when it comes on [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a new house and My A/C unit which is a Goodman unit is making a spitting noise while it is running. I had my Heating and A/C company look at it and they said there is nothing that they can do about it and that it is normal. They said that the noise is made by the freon spitting...

Machine gun like noise coming from wall [ 4 Answers ]

Very very early in the am I have been woken by machine gun like noise coming from the wall. I have only heard it in the am. It does not seem to have any relationship with flushing the toilet or running water. It lasts for about an hour, then stops for an hour and then start up again for about...

Sighing noise coming from AC Unit [ 3 Answers ]

A loud sighing noise comes from our AC Unit. More so when it is extreamly cold or hot. What is this noise?

View more questions Search