Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karen Bozeman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Crime patterns in community
    I am considering moving to a city that has suffered huge layoffs where many people are leaving to find jobs elsewhere. As a consequence, the cost of housing has fallen drastically and because of this outsiders like myself are attracted to this area (pop. 3/4 million) .

Here is the question--a relative of mine tells me that "when people move out, crime moves in". Is any part of this theory credible?

TKs
    Karen Bozeman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Bozeman
    I am considering moving to a city that has suffered huge layoffs where many people are leaving to find jobs elsewhere. As a consequence, the cost of housing has fallen drastically and because of this outsiders like myself are attracted to this area (pop. 3/4 million) .

Here is the question--a relative of mine tells me that "when people move out, crime moves in". Is any part of this theory credible?

TKs

TKs
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:52 AM
    I would look at cities like Camden, NJ and Flint, MI. Where jobs left and people had nothing. I can tell you being from NJ that Camden is one of the most dangerous places around.

If I were you I wold go check it out beforehand and go to the local police precinct and ask about crime statistics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patterns in the Nucleus [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a pattern of the protons and nutrons in the nucleus of an atom?

Enlarging patterns [ 1 Answers ]

Suggestions please on enlarging pattern

Is it a crime? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm really curious, recently, my parents threw me out. (actually about 5 times in the last year). Right now I'm only 17. 4 of the times they threw me out, they didn't provide a place for me to live. Their lawyer told them they didn't have to let me stay there once I was 16. Is this true?

Eating Patterns. [ 2 Answers ]

I have often wondered why I cannot stop eating one day and then the next I am barely hungry?? Does anyone know why this is??

View more questions Search