Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Do hate or like proactiv?
    Hello, any one had experience with proactiv. Not like they promise in the infomercial to face and under eye swelling or more?
    ultimate_user_name Posts: 103, Reputation: 6

Jul 30, 2007, 10:14 PM
    I have not had any experiences with proactive, but with many other products that are pretty much the same thing, if you go to walmart (in their make up section I guess), there are a lot of Bio're product that are in green boxes and bottles, they've always done very well for me I suggest:

Foaming face wash,
    Exfoliant,
    And nasal strips(if you haven't tried these already you would be shocked at what's in your pores)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 10:18 PM
    I personally did not like Proactiv. It left my face feeling dingy and oily. I use the Clinique 3 step system, I like that much better. :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Remember that every skin type is different. Certain products work for some people, but it may not work for others. If you want know for sure which acne product will work best for your skin is to try it.
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    hello, any one had experience with proactiv. not like they promise in the infomercial to face and under eye swelling or more?
    I'm using it right now and I do have some questions about it myself its doesn't seem to work for me yet and I've been using it for 3 weeks, its gotten worse. But I think that's how the system might work. If you are interested in it you should try it out cause systems like these effect everyone differently
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 05:58 PM
    There has been some testing down between ProActiv and drugstore brands and they have concluded that you can get the same results from a drugstore brand (something like NEutrogena or Biore).

I will tell you that I've had the same skin care routine since I was 11. In the morning I wash with Cetaphil at night I wash with Noxema. Once a week I use St Ives Apricot Scrub. I've never dealt with more then a few pimples a year throughout my teenage years.
    bigmistake1921 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 12:29 PM
    I have used proactive for 3 years and I can't remember the last time I had a breakout... I think it works great. However it does get worse before it gets better. It also leaves your skin very dry within the first few weeks, so use a different moisturizer if that happens. I think it is well worth the money and doesn't take a lot of time to use.
    BreeAnne Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
    I think that it really depends on how bad your acne is. I first tried it my freshman year of high school (when my acne wasn't that bad at all) and it worked really well. Well, I stopped it and about my junior year my acne got really, really bad and my skin was extremely oily. So I tried proactiv again and this time it didn't work at all, in the end I had to just go to a dermatologist. I think that if you have a few pimples here and there you should give it a shot. Also I think that it works better if you have medium to dry skin because after washing my face with it (even the first time around) it still felt oily. I hope this help!:)
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
    My friend uses it and he likes it a lot, but it's a lot of money.

marijo0116: Was that person who told you about southgain you? Because you can't stop talking about it, in fact all your posts are about it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Proactiv or Accutane The Answer [ 5 Answers ]

Someone give the 411 on these to products. I love for my black skin to be clear even though I look okay with it I would look eve better without. Someone please let me know which product is better for an african american with acne. Please someone let me know what REALLY WORKS!:eek:

Proactiv and obagi clear, using together [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need to know if I can use proactiv repairing lotion which contains benzoyl peroxide along with obagi nu-derm clear? Been using proactiv for yrs works great. Stopped using it to start obagi products, face broke out awful. I know the obagi blender and retina used with proactiv cancel each...

Is anyone using PROACTIV? [ 2 Answers ]

I just started using it. My question is if I stopped using if (say about 2 months after I started because I will run out of it) how long until my face becomes bad again? Anyone know? For example I used to use retin-A, it took a while to work, but it also took a while to stop working. I took...

Proactiv [ 1 Answers ]

Any opinions? Or other advice to get rid of acne under the skin

Swelling with proactiv solution [ 5 Answers ]

Help with skin care, I'm 32 yr old black family. One year ago I started using proactiv solution.But a friend told me about a product that I should try and I did with no success I went back on proactiv but now I am getting a puffy eye just in my right eye{or} swellness ::)please could someone...

View more questions Search