Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doublejg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Locations of Top Dead Center(TDC) Sensor 89 honda civic dx
    I have been having troubles with how my honda has been running, the code on the computer is saying the Top Dead Center sensor, where is this located and what are any suggestions on fixing this problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 05:04 PM
    It's located inside the distributor and is not repairable. The best thing to do is buy a new Honda distributor housing and reuse your old Ignition Control Module and coil, if you want to save money. Many people on this site have had problems with aftermarket distributors for Hondas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord TDC Sensor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2L sedan with an annoying little problem. The check engine light is on and the motor will absolutely not rev past 3500RPM despite the fact that it should be able to hit 6500RPM during hard acceleration (passing cars, fast 0-60, etc.) and exceed 3500RPM at speeds...

2000 Honda Civic knock sensor [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the knock sensor located on the 2000 Honda Civic EX 4D 1.6l (single overhead cam)?

1995 Honda Civic Oxygen Sensor [ 14 Answers ]

Hi. Have decided to replace my Oxygen sensor, but am having a problem getting the old sensor out. (I already have the new sensor). Is very tight space. I am thinking that may be best way to break old sensor, then can put socket wrench on and remove the remaining part. Is this a good thing to do?...

How do I find top dead center [ 6 Answers ]

I have a mtd riding mower with a 14.5 briggs and stratton engine. It breaks shear pins every time I try to start it. I need to set the overhead valves on it. I know how to set valves with the feeler gauge but I'm not sure what the procedure is for finding top dead center before I set them. Please...

Honda civic code 9 cyp sensor how to repair [ 1 Answers ]

I got the engine light coming on at different occasions not always, checked and got error 9, as per honda manual I tested the points on connectors for cyp, on male connector, I got right ohmage reading, on female I get a open reading,meaning from one point to ground there is continuity, My...

View more questions Search