Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saphire55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Clear Pool Suction Line to Filter
    There seems to be some kind of obstruction in the suction line between my inground pool and the filter. Water is not being drawn into the filter to be cleaned. How do I clear the line so the water can be filtered. I have called one plumber who came out with a roto rooter line but he said the line turned or bent in some way that prevented his equipment from working. Need help. At a loss for ideas.

Thank you.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Is the filter clean? A clogged filter will make the pump work hader to draw water in.

There should be water drawn in from the bottom skimmers and the top skimmer. If you can access where these lines come into the pump, try backwashing them with a garden hose and maximum water pressure.

What brand is it? Do you have a sight window leading to the pump, ala Hayward?
    acstrauss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Did you ever fix this issue and if so, how? I have the same problem but do not see a solution. I had a plumber come out today, but the snake broke off in the pipe line. I am wondering if it is really a clog or if I need a new pump. The pump runs and I lost suction while I was cleaning the pool, which led me to believe it was a clog.
    teejcee44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 09:00 AM
    I found that the suction line from the pool to the jandy valve has become plugged with pine needles, and other leaves. I was able to flush part of them out, but haven't been able to clear the entire clog because the line bends at the clog, and goes another direction. I moved my pool cleaner line to the skimmer suction inlet, and now the cleaner cleans like a new one! However, I still need to clean out the suction line so that I can move the Barracuda back to it, from the skimmer suction line. Is there a high pressure air/water tool for blowing the suction line backward toward the inlet of the suction line? I have access to air pressure, and I have seen tools for flushing automobile radiators that will do an amazing job that just might clear the clog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New AC installation - should both liquid and suction line dryers be installed? [ 7 Answers ]

To make a long story short I've have a bad experience trying to get some repairs done to an existing aire-flow unit. $800 later I'm scrapping the unit. I've ordered (online) a new Rheem Classic 3 ton 13 seer condenser, coil and 100,000 BTU gas furnace. I am not going to try to install the unit...

Cloudy pool water can't get it clear [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a easy set up pool with the inflatable top ring its 18ft round and 4ft deep and my water got really cloudy I brought a sample to the pool place he gave me some chemicals so I did what he said and it still was cloudy.I have all non chlorine chemicals in my pool.when I use a test strip in...

Suction part of line sets [ 7 Answers ]

The 3/4" (insulated) lineset i have has a 6" rigid 90 degree end. Is that designed for the condenser or air handler end? It seems that it would fit in through the siding and give enough room to solder on from there to the ah. Otherwise you couldn't bend the tubing through the hole in siding and...

Check for suction line leaks [ 1 Answers ]

My irrigation pump keeps losing its prime. How do I check for leaks in the suction line?

View more questions Search