Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Noise front wheel
    I have an '01 Aztek- about 2 months. Ago, a low hum started coming from the area of the driver's side front wheel. I had just gotten new tires, and have thought it was noise from the increased tread. Today the noise got much louder,and is accompanied from time to time by some chirping noises as well. The vehicle sat over the weekend, and when I pulled up to the first stop sign, there were some other strange noises coming from that area. I stopped at a rest area, and when I felt behind the tire, the clamp on the wheel side of the cv boot was hot. Not so on the passenger side of the car. What am I looking at here- cv joint? Bearings? What kind of cost for repair? I have heard there has been some problem with Azteks bearings- maybe someone knows of a recall?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Your problem is the front hub bearing. The bearing has failed and will continue to get louder until it fails completely.

I recommend you find a qualified ASE certified repair shop and get a few estimates. Shop around and ask about their warranty.

I don't have any idea how much because of the wide variation in labor prices, etc. It may be subject to recall (I don't think it is) but you will need to contact a dealer with your VIN # and ask them to check.

Good luck!

TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Sounds like possible wheel bearing failure.
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Thanks, that did it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drifting with a front wheel drive car [ 21 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I drive a 93' toyota great corolla. I'm wondering, is it possible to drift using a front wheel drive car like mine? If it is, can anyone tell me how to do it... Thanks for your answers...

Front End Noise 2001 Honda Accord [ 6 Answers ]

Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on some front end noise I have been experiencing lately on my 2001 Honda Accord. I thought it was a bad tire as I just had a set put on about 8,000 miles ago as well as having the front end aligned. I noticed a roaring type wum, wum, wum, wum, wum noise...

1999 Honda Accord Front End Noise [ 3 Answers ]

1999 Accord EX. 130,000 miles, 5 spd manual trans. Lately a noise has been coming from my drive train. It is sort of a "wum wum wum wum wum" low-pitched sound that occurs only (and always) when moving and increases with speed. It is not a tire problem. I have rotated and inspected the tires...

Whirlpool Dryer Noise (blower wheel) [ 4 Answers ]

GEQ8811PWO dryer was just repaired for blower wheel all chewed up (cost $133.00) . Repaired on 11/11/06 has 30 day warranty, my question is, now its starting to vibrate & make noise again not as loud yet. Should I pay to have it repaired again ( I know he will say I droped something down there)...

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search