Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kleigh02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Miscarriage possibility? Similar stories?
    here's the details: Last period June 15, 1 intercourse that month, was June 29. Period was due anywhere between 13-15 and didn't come. Took 2 pregnancy tests, 1 @ June 14, 1 @ June 18 - both were positive. Had light spotting for 2 days and completely stopped - I figured it was implantation bleeding and I'm 99% sure it was. I am estimating that I'm about 3 weeks late?

Knew I was pregnant because of my breasts and my moods. Haven't talked to a doc yet, have an appt on weds.

Around July 20th, I started spotting. Sometimes red, mostly light brown and dark brown. Have been having cramps but they are rarely unbearable. They usually come at night. Also felt like a "whoosh" come out of me, and I was sure it was a miscarriage and I was prob bleeding - but nothing came out at all.

July 22 up to now, Still barely bleeding. It goes and stops and goes and stops, not consistent and usually shows up at night. Hasn't dripped at all but 75% of the time I wipe it's there. Difference now is that when I wipe (dark or light brown) there are little dark colored globs that look shiney and are about the size of an ant. I read that could be the wall breaking down, but from what I've read, it comes out clear. Mine are really dark. This hasn't happened to me before. Randomly having cramps, but seems like less freq now. Blood flow hasn't increased at all. My breasts are also not as sensitive.

My question is - has anyone had a similar experience or know of someone who has? Its really concering me because of the stop/go of it all, and the dark spots. Ive read big chunks come out, and sacs etc, very heavy period, and that its painful to the point of unbearable. I am not consistently doubling over in pain. No large chunks either and no period let alone thick period, unless you count the brown stuff.

I am thinking because I was not far along in the pregnancy, the flow is lighter and chunks are smaller? Is that a possibility? Can you miscarry without losing a lot of blood and being in lots of pain?

Also, when can I take another pregnancy test? I am going to the doctors Wednesday but I just wanted to know if someoen has a story similar to mine and how did it end up?

thanks!
    WendieAnn Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 02:04 AM
    To me that sounds like you did have a miscarriage.(I am no Doctor btw) I miscarried over 2 years ago. (At the time I didn't know I was pregnant)And the pain was very very very bad. I bleed for over 2 weeks... on and off heavy bleeding most of it was really dark red and in clots.And I had to go to the hospital and they didn't have to clean me out because (I guess) my body did it on its own.

Have you seen a Doctor?
    kleigh02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 02:29 AM
    No, not yet. Weds I will - have an appt then.

Im just confused because everyone (including you) says it's a lot of pain, a lot of blood. Pain comes and goes and blood comes and goes - its mostly there just brown with those clots the size of an ant.

Anyone know if I can "jumpstart" this - lol. Anyone have mild to no pain the whole time you miscarried?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Lots of pain is not always the case. Some people miscarry and never even know it. It just seems like a crampier period then normal, to some.(infact, most women will miscarry at least once in life and never even know it, so I was told by one of my doctors in the past.)I think right now your best bet is to see your doctor. I wish you the best, and please let us know how it goes.
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I am 30 weeks pregnant, and I had bleeding early in my pregnancy and went to the ER. I was told that as long as it's not bright red and is only a brownish reddish blood that it's not a sign for concern. That is usually excess blood from the lining of the uterus wall stretching, blood left over from earlier periods. I experienced the blood after having sex with my husband and there was a good amount too. If you have been under a lot of stress, or active, or maybe sex that was a bit to rough you could have torn the lining. But you stressing yourself will only add unwanted harm to your unborn baby. You need to breath, relax, and if you are that scared go to the ER. Never take a chance when it comes to your children, born or unborn.

This is just my opinion. Hope it helps!
    no1mom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Brown blood is left over blood... I've had a miscarrage.. and it happened over the corse of 3 days of in and out of the hospital.. they didn't know what was wrong.. and on the 3rd day I was was in a lot of pain.. but I was also 18 weeks when I miscarried.. if u'r not in pain.. it's probably not a miscarrage.. the pain would be constant.. and bright red blood.. not brown.. when I was pregnant.. the doctors told me not to worry if it was brown.. it's old blood.. bright red is new blood cause for concern
    sacha Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Aug 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
    I had a miscarriage last yr and I was in a LOT of pain and lost a LOT of blood, I even saw the fetus on the tissue when I wiped. It started when I felt my water broke, then eventually blood started pouring out.I bled so much that I almost died.---and by the way I already knew that the fetus was no longer alive, in fact the heart stopped beating at 9 weeks, and I thought I was 14 weeks at the time. I had terrible doctors, because they could have detected that the baby wouldn't make it ahead of time if they would have just listened to my complaints and investigated it. I wouldn't have had to go through such a terrible miscarriage.

My blood pressure fell through the floor and I was still bleeding when I got to the ER. They had to do a D&C on me to stop the bleeding. Now I'm trying to get pregnant again...
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 1, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Like everyone else said unless it is bright red blood you shouldn't worry. But this is your body and if you feel like it isn't normal than go to the doctor or ER and get checked out. This is your body and your baby don't take any chances.
    You might also want to ask rankrank55 about this. She had a miscarriage early in the pregnancy so she might have better advice on what to expect.
    Keep us updated on what happens. Good luck.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
    I did in November and my story is similar. I didn't have lots of pain and bleeding but I was only 6-7 weeks, so that's probably why.

The real factor for me was I "felt" pregnant. Emotionally, physically... the breast tenderness, sweating, moods, and sex drive- then it was suddenly GONE. None of the other factors were there and I started bleeding. (Can't remember if I bled first or noticed the loss of pregnant feeling first - it was all very quick)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I had a miscarriage when I was about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant. Prior to that I was paranoid because I felt like my symptoms were not as strong. I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps that were mild at first but got pretty bad after I stood up. When I went to the bathroom I noticed I was bleeding. I bleed lightly at first and it was dark red, as the morning progressed I noticed a lot of clotting. Come to find out later that day, I had miscarried. I was really crampy for the next few days and I bleed pretty heavily for about a week and I spotted a lot the week after that. You should really see your doc. ASAP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solid Countertop (Corian or Similar) Crack Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Someone in our home cut directly on our countertop, then later I stood on the countertop near the cut, and I believe the cut mark then acted like a score mark on glass and the counter broke or cracked all the way through. The 1/2 inch solid material. The countertop is made of a solid material...

Something similar to Little Monsters [ 2 Answers ]

When I was very young I was a big little monsters fan and my parents had one of those old giant satellites with channels like g4-04. Well one day I saw a movie in the list or a TV guide. (I don't think they had list back in those days.) Titled something like little monsters, but it wasn't the film...

Smiliar issue. Similar answers? [ 6 Answers ]

History. Loaned 1500 to a friend's friend for bail. Stupidly checked box for them to use money for court expenses if need be. Court day came and I wasn't able to make it and my money was used for the tickets etc... Now I want my money back and the person refuses to pay me. Question is do I serve...

Similar games [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the best game I have played r, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THIEF. Please help me with similar game titles which has stealthy operations.

Need advice from people who've had similar experience with death and depression. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just writing this to 1) get some good advice about living in general and 2) getting these things off my chest. I'm 22 and my dad passed away about 6 months ago. I'm dealing with it fairly well but I'm finding that I'm having a lot of trouble enjoying life anymore. After his death I slowly...

View more questions Search