labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Lab not eating
    From an email:
    > I have 2 labs the one is 4 and she scarfs it down fast then my other
    > one is 1 and he barely eats his food I only feed them once a day should I
    > be worried?

It is unusual for a Lab not to be an eager eater. You need to go through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 Note the link on maintaining ideal body condition. I once had one that even after switching to a concentrated chow, you could still see his ribs a little.

Post back if you have questions after going through the sticky.

I agree with the site policy of not asking or answering questions by PM or email.
    poopyqueenrox Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 02:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    From an email:
    > i have 2 labs the one is 4 and she scarfs it down fast then my other
    > one is 1 and he barely eats his food i only feed them once a day should i
    > be worried?

It is unusual for a Lab not to be an eager eater. You need to go through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 Note the link on maintaining ideal body condition. I once had one that even after switching to a concentrated chow, you could still see his ribs a little.

Post back if you have questions after going through the sticky.

I agree with the site policy of not asking or answering questions by PM or email.
    Maybe it he/she needs more exercise to make them hungrier. Take your dog to the vet and get it checkes out if this has been going on for a long time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

3 week old lab not eating [ 11 Answers ]

We got a lab that is about 3 or 4 weeks old yesterday. When we got him home, he threw up dog food. Went last night and bought him ol roy puppy food. Tried to feed him that and a bowl of water. Lapped up the water just fine, wouldn't touch the food. Later on he threw up the water (a few times)....

6 month old lab eating adult food? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I recently got a black lab from a breeder. He is 6 months old and was being fed iams lamb and rice adult dog food (1.5 cups a day). My question is this the correct food for my dog. The vet said to switch him to a large breed puppy food. I am confused as to who's advice I should take. Any...

Lab not eating! [ 1 Answers ]

I read all the posts about dogs not eating and couldn't find anything about Labs not eating. I was told a couple years ago by someone that Labs have no "full" sensor and will eat themselves to death if you leave food out. Well my Yellow Lab is 2 years old and is in perfect health that I know of. My...

8 week lab puppy not eating [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 5 week old lab puppy which became familiar in 2-3 days. He is now 8 weeks and got his first vaccination 2 week back. He has also got the de-worming. Now he has stopped eating. He just has few (very few) water or milk and became weak. Also he is not as playful as he used to be. We tried...

View more questions Search