Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Jul 29, 2007, 04:42 PM
    THYROMINE anyone tried
    Has anyone tried THYROMINE?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 29, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I haven't and I wouldn't. You see, it has not been approved by the FDA so you don't know exactly what is in it and what the amounts are.

Not enough studies on long term effects for me to even give it a second glance.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 29, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Here is some info on the ingredients:

Thyromine Thyroid Supplement Review: Does Thyromine Work?

I have never heard of the particular plant extract used in this formula. L-tyrosine is simply an amino acid. Nori will simply provide high levels of iodine and many trace minerals. And the bovine thyroid extract likely does carry a potential risk, albeit relatively minor, of Mad Cow disease, given the unknown source and probable lack of strict processing regulations or supervision. This latter extract has been available in healthfood stores for many years and is recommended by no one I've heard of. I do sympathize being a fellow sufferer of hypothyroidism.

Health supplements containing cow parts in danger

Please eat a well balanced diet and talk to a qualified physician about proper supplementation. Naturopaths in many states in the US can as well prescribe the appropriate, medically approved thyroid supplement for you, if you prefer to take a more alternative course. I know of no herbs myself, effective in treating this disorder. I have had the consultation of a knowledgeable naturopath in the past.
    Good luck. Take care.
    johnsamuels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 11:53 PM
    I do think that it is probably best to try treating any thyroid condition with diet and exercise before medication, but probably avoiding herbal remedies like Thyromine may be advisable.

You will find quite a few review sites like the one above, that seem to say it will work, but ultimately are just trying to make a buck.

See your doctor. That is the best way to treat a thyroid condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search