Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spbuzis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater
    I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Jul 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Whenever you disturb the supply lines, oftentimes some debris gets caught in the strainers found at each of your sinks. Try removing and cleaning them. While they are off, turn on the faucets and flush the lines thoroughly.

If this doesn't help, there may be debris caught in your shutoff valves or they may not be turned on all the way. Pressure will build up, regardless of the size of the opening, but when flow starts, it will reduce. Have a look at the main shutoff at the water heater, it may not be on all the way.

There is definitely an obstruction somewhere.
    old_dog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
    This is an old thread, but I've got the straight scoop on this problem. I spent my weekend 2 weeks ago replacing my 50 gal water heater with a 50 gal Whirlpool/US Craftmaster. After I finally got it hooked up without leaks, I had low hot water pressure. My wife threatened to leave. After casting about these user groups for a fix, I finally came up the novel idea of calling the help number pasted on the water heater. I spoke to a very helpful native English speaker who had me probe the outlet nipple with a screwdriver. Sure enough, about 3" into the outlet nipple there was a partially occluded opening. She had me open it up with the screwdriver, and viola! I had pressure. There's a plastic insert inside the nipple that is supposed to be poked open at the factory, but they are often in too big a hurry to to it correctly. Thankfully, I had used flexible connectors instead of sweating the pipes to the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solution - Low Hot Water Pressure Throughout House [ 5 Answers ]

Several weeks ago I made a post about low hot water pressure throughout my house. It's now fixed, so I thought I would provide the "fix" for others with the same problem. I had a plumber come to see what the problem was. He noted that my hot water heater was 10 years old & there could be some...

Low hot water pressure - entire house [ 2 Answers ]

I've read many of the other posts, and I'm somewhat re-assured that I'm not the only one having problems with hot water pressure. For confirmation, here's my problem: I have a standard gas hot water heater in my basement; throughout the entire house my hot water pressure has recently dropped...

Replced Hot Water Heater - Low pressure in some places in house [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed out my hot water heater yesterday and have low pressure (hot and cold) in one bathroom and an outside outlet. The bathroom had low pressure in comparison with the other bathroom for quite some time but now can hardly fill the pipes for a shower. The outside has never had any issues....

Low hot water pressure entire house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. We have 3 yr old house/ boiler and have noticed recently an overall drop in our hot water pressure. We have a thermo dynamics oil fed boiler(no hot water tank). Could our heating coil be getting "crudded up" w/ mineral deposits like a hot water heater? How do we test or...

Low hot water pressure in house [ 1 Answers ]

Hot water pressure low from relatively new gas hot water heater. House built in 1914... not the best in pipes, but any ideas on improving pressure. Have good valve from water pipe. Suggestions?:confused:

View more questions Search