Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarcookie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 03:46 AM
    Not sure if he is interested? He just left for Iraq.
    So I met this guy in the marines a couple of weeks ago, and I thought we really really hit it off. We were able to hang out a few times before he left for Iraq~but he didn't call me a few days before he left.. just texted me that he was sorry that he didn't get to see me before he left because things were so crazy. I know he had a ton of stuff to take care of, and I can only imagine what he has to deal with.

So I'm trying to keep that in mind but honestly I don't know if he is still interested since he didn't call me before he left. Also, I sent him an email and he hasn't responded yet. I know he's been online because he posted a general bulletin saying where he was. I feel a little selfish even feeling this way but at the same time would like to know if he's lost interest. Any opinons/suggestions? Anyone been in this situation before? Thank you! :p
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 29, 2007, 04:09 AM
    Give him some time; see if he responds. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

XenoSapien
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Jul 30, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Only time will tell you if he lost interest. Give him that time.
    I'm sure he'll get in contact with you one he has settled.

Good Luck :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 10:43 AM
    He probably had A LOT on his mind. He is being shipped out to fight in a war. He was probably focusing on seeing people he has known for a long time in case he comes back in a body bag. He may have been interested but clearly the timing was off.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Keep yourself otherwise occupied and maybe he'll call you when he gets back and you guys can pick up where you left off.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jul 30, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Well I would agree with GLINDAOFOZ when she says he probably had A lot on his mind. I know that it can take days weeks or even months to get back to someone especially when you are in his conditions. But something that I thought about while reading your post, that I think you might want to consider, maybe he doesn't want to lead you on. I mean what would happen if you talked ALL the time and fell HEAD OVER HEELS for this guy, I would bet you that he would feel guilty that he couldn't be there for you in person. All I am saying is with his limited amount of time on the phone computer etc. maybe he doesn't want to lead you on.. Whatever the case may be I wish you good luck!
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 07:40 PM
    I really can't say how he feels but when you are over in Iraq you are lucky when you can get time on the net. I was there for a year so I know how the conditions are. He might like you however was not looking to get in a relationship before he left. Try to stay in contact and see what works out when he returns.
    SuperFudd Posts: 16, Reputation: 4

Jul 31, 2007, 05:44 PM
    I'm sorry, I've just got to say it because I'm Air Force... your first mistake was picking a Marine ;-) Anyway... I've deployed 3 times now and know how it goes and I'll tell you, he likely doesn't want to have to think a lot about home. If he's deployed before he could very well be steeling himself for 8-9 months (I think that's what Marines are deploying for now) being away from home and all of his loved ones. He's got a lot to deal with and if I were you I wouldn't hang on too tightly. He may come back a different person (I've known personally a lot who do). Write him emails and letters if he gives you his address, but try to move on, because honestly you've only known him a couple weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The situation in Iraq [ 13 Answers ]

As it is properly known... US: Top al-Qaida in Iraq figure captured Another one bites the dust - sounds like progress to me. Did everyone get that last line? "The Islamic State of Iraq is the latest efforts by al-Qaida to market itself and its goal of imposing a Taliban-like state on the...

The road out of Iraq. [ 4 Answers ]

... goes through Tehran as tomder likes to say: So we find Iranian weapons, capture Iranians and Hezbollah in Iraq and all the drive-by media can say about it is "the accusations appear to be part of a continuing campaign by the US military to link Iran with insurgency violence in Iraq." Ya...

Interested in Views on the Current Iraq Situation [ 48 Answers ]

Place to vent your opinions about the current Iraq War.

Boyfriend in IRAQ. [ 3 Answers ]

So obviously, my boyfriend is in iraq. This is his second tour. I am looking for idea of things I can send him. Cute ideas, fun idea, good ideas, stupid ideas, fod ideas, drink ideas... lol pretty much anything! I know everyone has something, I think I'm just looking to far into it. Please help me,...

Soldier in Iraq [ 7 Answers ]

So my friend is in iraq fighting the war. I sent him care packages and emails ever since he left. We are just friends and always will be just friends. So anyway his girlfriend has his password to his email account and lately has been checking his emails. She read his mom's email to him, his sister...

View more questions Search