Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAYASPACE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Rolltop Desk Key
    Hello,

I have lost the key to my rolltop desk. It is now locked and I am unable to get into it. This is an older rolltop desk from the 1920's or 1930's with one of those old fashioned basic looking type keys. Is there someplace where I can get a key for this desk? Is there a way to open the rolltop without damaging it? Can a locksmith open an old rolltop desk such as this one?

Thank you in advance for any information that you may be able to provide.

Regards,
    Gunner Sandoval
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 06:20 AM
    I've gotten those keys at Ace or True Value, can't remember which right now. Also I have seen the in antique stores and at flea markets. I did see a old cigar box full at a flea market last spring @ 50 cents each. I did notice on those old keys there were 2 different styles. They are around you just need to do a little foot work. Good Luck
    MAYASPACE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    I've gotten those keys at Ace or True Value, can't remember which right now. Also I have seen the in antique stores and at flea markets. I did see a old cigar box full at a flea market last spring @ 50 cents each. I did notice on those old keys there were 2 different styles. They are around you just need to do a little foot work. Good Luck
    Hello Esquire1,
    Thank you very mucy for that information. There is a True Value store very close to where I live; I will check them out tomorrow and see if they have any rolltop desk keys that will work for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help desk [ 5 Answers ]

I need to now where I can find any kind of information on help desk such as where can I joun magazines and learn more about the help desk industry and how companies run their help desks??

Help Desk [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I have an interview this coming Friday for the position of Help Desk, just wondering what questions do you think will be asked by the interviewer.. Thanks

Fn key need shift key all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dell laptop which is inspiron 6400 I have a problem with the fn key which I don't know how it was started The problem is that the fn key isn't working properly for example when I press fn+f1 in order to hibernate nothing happends unless I press the fn+f1+SHIFT key the hibernate happends...

Help desk [ 8 Answers ]

Instructions Compose an email for each of the following situations. A user emails the helpdesk requesting access to shared drive \\mnthyreportsclinic. This shared drive does not exist, however a shared drive \\monthlyreports does exist. Email the user requesting clarification.

Help desk [ 3 Answers ]

Identify sources of technical support information that can serve as the essential information tool for ICT system support desk?

View more questions Search